Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson CS Firebird mockup, order yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice mock ups on the FB. Good call with the shark fins over the trapazoids. And I agree with Sully, body binding looks nice on this shape, especially when you are doing a figured top, but it's not needed when you are doing a solid color.

FYI, the standard strap button position on the mock up puts the one button on the side by the top horn. If Jackson starts taking orders and you eventually place one, make sure you put the strap button on the back of the guitar at the neck joint (similar to the RR1). Just wanted to point that out - better safe than sorry.

Comment

For the record, I don't know anything about the Firebird being available. I put up the post below on 6/21/09 and this is the last news I had on the subject. This came straight from the factory, so unless something has changed since 6/21, this would still hold true. I will contact them again to see if it's changed.

"The Y2KV is Dave Mustaine's model and that will never be built again. The 'Bird that we used to [build] and was inspired by the Firebird is something that [we're] working on. The Explorer is [a] Gibson [design], as is the traditional Flying V, and we simply won't/don't replicate other companies bodies."
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
      X