CS Koa PC1... thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Koa PC1... thoughts.

Well my 40th birthday is not too far off (6 months) and the wife said I could do a CS guitar.

I need to get some quotes together, but here is the mock-up and specs.

Koa body with a 1/8" Curly (flame) Koa book matched top and matching headstock veneer with a black pearl logo. Clear coat only. No tint to clear.

Oiled Maple neck with Ebony board. (No fret markers on face, only side markers)

Jackson 18v Sustainer

Black OFR

Black Schaller tuners

3 way blade selector

Bridge is either a PAF or Custom Custom. Still on the fence with that.

Neck is obviously the sustainer driver
    -Rick

looking sexy, Rick. But don't those PC-1s have strange wood combinations?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

looks awesome! i would have chosen gold hardware but i love the blank board
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I did mock-ups with gold hardware and it just didn't flow well.
        The gold stood out too much. I don't want the hardware to distract from the top.
        I've got time to play with the configurations thought. Waiting until my actual birthday to order it.
        -Rick

Comment

Looks very nice. I'm not sure you'll be able to do away with the middle pickup though - I enquired about a custom PC1 18 months or so ago and the pickup route had to stay the same.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks very cool.

Hmmm. Not sure they'll do that pickup layout with the sustainer, though. I'm pretty sure that at some point I heard that - to have a sustainer - they won't do any PU layouts except HSS and with the stock Dimarzios. I'm guessing Jackson might be getting the sustainer set-ups partially pre-wired from the supplier or something, pickups and all. Not 100% positive about that, though - you might want to ask in advance through your dealer.

And +1 to the gold hardware. That'd look cool with a gold logo, too. Or, if you're set on the black hardware, maybe a thin black-burst edge w/analyne dye on the body and headstock.

Comment

edit: Neilli beat me to it, while I was typing with two fingers.

Comment

Looks great! Ah 40, just a youngster!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Not sure they'll do that pickup layout with the sustainer, though. I'm pretty sure that at some point I heard that - to have a sustainer - they won't do any PU layouts except HSS and with the stock Dimarzios.
                  I'm not sure it's related to the Sustainer Pat - I was able to change to Duncans, but the guitar had to obviously be a PC1 and so had to 'fit' to PC1 specs. Hence the (then) mandated h/s/s but it seems like a grey area...
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Ehh... this does nothing for me.

The middle pickup has to go. I've spent more than enough time going over Jackson's sustainer circuit board to know they can easily omit the middle pickup.
                    Hell I ran my PC1 for a time with no middle pickup installed and the sustainer worked just fine.

If Jackson won't build want, it's time to find another builder.
                    Time to give Mike or Slash a call.

I don't "have" to use a Jackson sustianer. I would prefer one, but the a Sustainiac or Fernandez unit will do the job.

I'll submit the CS form with the mock-up and see what they say.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      Ehh... this does nothing for me.

The middle pickup has to go. I've spent more than enough time going over Jackson's sustainer circuit board to know they can easily omit the middle pickup.
                      Hell I ran my PC1 for a time with no middle pickup installed and the sustainer worked just fine.

If Jackson won't build want, it's time to find another builder.
                      Time to give Mike or Slash a call.

I don't "have" to use a Jackson sustianer. I would prefer one, but the a Sustainiac or Fernandez unit will do the job.

I'll submit the CS form with the mock-up and see what they say.
                      agreed it looks better without the gold hardware
                      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I like the first mock up a lot better. The guitar looks sweet. Hope the C/S will do that for you.

Comment

If you don't have to have the sustainer and Jackson won't do that pup configuration, then just order it as a Charvel instead. That way you can get it with H/S and still get the strathead.
                          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

The Gold Hardware is ugly! happy your going with black
                            Gear

Jackson DXMG
                            Jackson JS30RR
                            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                            Blackstar HT5H
                            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                            Marshall JCM 800 2203
                            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

looks killer, Koa is great looking & sounding.

Comment

Working...
                              X