'85 USA San Dimas Custom Shop Kelly Rising Sun Graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '85 USA San Dimas Custom Shop Kelly Rising Sun Graphic

Hi all, I'm new to the board and I wanted to share some pics with you Jackson lovers of one of my guitars...

It's a '85 CS Kelly with Kahler trem, serial # J1114. At the moment there are EMG's 81/85 that were put by the previous owner. Neck through, poplar body, ebony fingerboard, binding over frets, great playability and the tremolo works excellent although I intend to replace pickups for some Seymour Duncan passive combination. Unfortunately, I got it already pretty beaten up, every tip (headstock, as well as the corners of the body) is chipped off. To make things even worse, the previous guy tried to fix the bumps and scratches in his drunken hours, and you can imagine how that went. But besides that, the axe still plays fantastic. I'm planning a makeover soon. I like the graphic on it very much and for several months I've tried to find out what those Japanese letters mean. I've seen on www.jacksonguitarpalace.com one Charvel with exactly the same letters and there says "thunder" and "way" but says they aren't sure. Can anyone of you guys confirm this? Enjoy the pics.

And with matching flag

Two guitars are better than one.

Great Kelly. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

wow thats nice
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I call dibs if you ever want to get rid
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Sweet.Nice one.................
          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

sweet

Comment

Wow that is killer.Love the 22 fretters.
              I have an 85 kelly custom too love it.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Oh good lord...

-24 hour gasm-
                Originally posted by Hellbat
                Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Welcome to the JCF. Great looking kelly!

Comment

As an owner of two 85 jacksons myself......................I have to say I'd have bought that one too. Welcome aboard.
                    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Is this you? You look familiar.

Comment

Thanks guys!

One more pic, group photo with my japanese made DK2FS and '88 Charvel Model 4

Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Nice group shot.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Love the Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                              Is this you? You look familiar.

Yeah, why was that pic under "related photos" Didnt that guy get banned a while back?

Comment

Working...
                              X