Question about two models (RR and KV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about two models (RR and KV)

Wondering whatever happened to the RR2 and the exact reason the KV1 was taken off the Market as there was the USA and artist signature series so why not keep the standard KV1?
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

The KV1 was taken off when they introduced the Y2KV, due to Mustaine's request.

The SL2 / RR2 were only available for a year or so.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Man, they shoulda kept the KV1. =(
      Gear

Jackson DXMG
      Jackson JS30RR
      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
      Blackstar HT5H
      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
      Marshall JCM 800 2203
      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
        The KV1 was taken off when they introduced the Y2KV, due to Mustaine's request.

The SL2 / RR2 were only available for a year or so.
        Hrm, the KV1 was still offered for a year in 2000 along side the Y2KV. I was told by Jackson in 2001 that since Kahler was going out of business they were phasing out the KV1 and KE1 models as there was no supply of bridges.

I had a custom on order in 2000/2001 that was delayed for a few months while Jackson tried to locate a bridge for it. That was the story I got anyway.

Comment

Interesting. I thought that since Dave switched to Y2KV completely they took the KV1 off. I could be wrong, my memory from that time period isn't the best.

Comment

They need to really post a key to the model naming somewhere on their site, if there's any system to it.

For example, I like the SL2H specs, but want it in a Warrior shape. So I should be able to order a WR2H.

Or "Gee I really want an MIJ King V with active pickups." Bam, KVMG.
            Scott

Comment

That would make sense if the naming conventions were all straight.

What they should really do is re-classify all of the models.

Comment

The SL2H means Soloist 2-Hum. It would make sense to name it SL-2 to go with the SL-1, but because the SL-2 designation was already used once before, they went with SL2H.

Since the Warrior was not offered in any "numeric" model prior to the WR-1, and it is already a 2-hum model, it doesn't make sense to name it WR2H.
                Had they kept the original 1990 specs and named it WR-1, then added the 2-hum model later, that would have been the WR-2 or WR2H.

As for the KV-1 issue, Dave Mustaine didn't design it. IIRC it was available in that configuration before he put his name on it, so I'd be inclined to believe the Kahler story.
                However, it may have been part of his endorsement contract that the model would be exclusive to him and not appear in that configuration without his signature, hence the creation of the KV-2 - the Floyded version of the KV-1.

I'm not sure if there were certain contractual obligations that made Jackson change the KV2T to a short-scale model with the SLS-head, but given that so few were made in the 25.5" scale, I'd guess that to be the case.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                  That would make sense if the naming conventions were all straight.

What they should really do is re-classify all of the models.
                  +1. They can be confusing. The original KV2 was a bolt-on, 22-fret import with dot inlays. I don't know why they kept the same model name for the USA neck-thru model.
                  http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=11
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    I'm not sure if there were certain contractual obligations that made Jackson change the KV2T to a short-scale model with the SLS-head, but given that so few were made in the 25.5" scale, I'd guess that to be the case.
                    I think McD said they were always supposed to be spec'd as short-scale, just somebody screwed up and the first batch got standard scale by mistake.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X