Custom shop options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop options

Hey I have a few questions about some custom shop options for you guys Sorry to be asking lots of questions lately, but I've never ordered a custom guitar before, and I just want to be 100% sure of what I want before I put the order in.

I'm thinking of ordering a custom soloist, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for an archtop. When they say scalloped heel and horn, that sounds to me like an archtop, so since it obviously is not, what is it? And for those who have experience with scalloped heels and horns, what do you think of them?

For neck profile, there is standard, like SL1, which I have tried, and speed, like a KV-2. I have never tried the speed profile, so I am wondering how it defers from the SL1-type neck.

Thanks in advance, and if there is some other thread where these questions are answered that I have overlooked, just link me
    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

I beleive the speed neck is slimmer and it has tall but thin frets. IMO its very easy to play
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Scalloped horns is like on this six string COW sig...

I would imagine by scalloped heel they mean sloped/angled like below...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
        I beleive the speed neck is slimmer and it has tall but thin frets. IMO its very easy to play
        The speed neck is slimmer, like on the KV2 that does have the smaller frets, but it does not automatically come with smaller frets when you order a custom shop. You can order any size frets you want on it.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Scalloped horns is like on this six string COW sig...

I would imagine by scalloped heel they mean sloped/angled like below...

Hmmm...thanks. Has anyone ever seen an archtop also with scalloped horns? I am interested in how that would look
          My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

I believe the COW is an archtop? Anyways.

Browse thru these pics to see the many variations of scalloped horns from none to extreme.
            Some are subtle, some are huge, some are shaped to enhance the horns arch, some literally have no arch on the horns (soft arch) and some just look like machined bevels.
            No backside pics, but if you're interested in an AT, it's a start.

I really should update that gallery, Have quite a few more to add.

Comment

The COW sig is an archtop according to the specs, I think it's just hard to see with the silverburst finish.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hey thanks...I used to have a SLATQH and I liked the shape of that, was thinking if I had scalloped horns as well it would look more extreme, but if it looked anything like the COW I'd have to say I prefer the normal archtop look much much better

Comment

Working...
                X