Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Question

Guys:

I'm wondering if you can help me figure this out. I have what is supposed to be a Jackson PC1 in Red Rum that is very different than my PC1 Au Natural. The Red Rum model, which I bought used, does NOT have Phil's signature on the headstock like the Natural one does. Also, the wood grain on the neck is a lot different. The Red Rum PC1 (if it's a PC1) doesn't have that clear coat funky cool swirly finish on the fretboard like my Natural one does (and that's one thing PC1's are known for also).

Is this a normal situation? Why wouldn't the Red Rum have Phil's name on the headstock? Is this a PC1? What's up with the different finish on the fretboard? (the red rum has a bare maple finish, no coating). Can anybody help me out? Here's the two of them:

Originally posted by JACKSONLEFTYFREAK View Post
    The Red Rum PC1 doesn't have that clear coat funky cool swirly finish on the fretboard like my Natural one does
    That's called flamed maple. Sometimes the wood figuring is prominent, sometimes not so much. Every piece of wood is different.

And, yes, it's a PC1. My guess is they just ran out of Phil signatures or mistakenly left it off your's. Consider yourself lucky - I'd rather they do them without Phil's sig on the headstock. No offense to Phil, per se. I just generally dislike the look of artist guitars having signatures on the headstock. ...At least Phil's handwriting is poor enough that most people can't read it.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      That's called flamed maple. Sometimes the wood figuring is prominent, sometimes not so much. Every piece of wood is different.

And, yes, it's a PC1. My guess is they just ran out of Phil signatures or mistakenly left it off your's. Consider yourself lucky - I'd rather they do them without Phil's sig on the headstock. No offense to Phil, per se. I just generally dislike the look of artist guitars having signatures on the headstock. ...At least Phil's handwriting is poor enough that most people can't read it.

Thanks very much for the info!

Comment

Not to hi-jack your thread, but what year did Jackson change to the Strat headstock? and how do tell what year they were made?
        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

the 2005 PC1s started coming with the stratheads...

(i believe)
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
          X