New Arrival - Vintage Chlorine Sweetness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival - Vintage Chlorine Sweetness

One of my favorite Jackson finishes ever has been missing from my stable for too long. And this one just nails it with a perfect aqua green-to-blue burst, and killer quilt figuring. Pics first. Anyone want to go swimming?...

Interesting that they're still using Ontario neckplates for Jackson customs, huh?

This was a special run of custom PC1s done through Matt's Music.

- Old-style PC1 finishes done with analine dye.
    - Vintage Solar and Vintage Chlorine.
    - Hand selected quilt-tops and flame fretboards for better figuring.

Thanks to Matt and the custom shop for working to get these done!

Very nice indeed Pat - looks great
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wow. Great top on that one. Congrats!
      I am mystified about the neck plate.

Comment

WOW... that is beautiful. Congrats!!

Comment

Awesome!!!

Those Clorine finishes are really gorgeous....some day I shall have one myself, nice top too!!

Congrats!

Comment

That looks awesome!
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Looks great!
              I got one in Vintage Solar (serial 8501). Who here got the remaining ones of this batch ?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                I am mystified about the neck plate.
                They use different neck plates for Jackson USA production guitars. Those plates don't have an address on it.

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                I got one in Vintage Solar (serial 8501). Who here got the remaining ones of this batch ?
                Your guitar is sweet, bro.

I believe there was only one other guy, and he bought one of each. So four guitars total - two in each finish.
                Last edited by shreddermon; 07-18-2009, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Thats nice I hate phil collen but id still love to own one
                  "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                  Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

hey pat, looks as awesome and as hard to photograph as the old chlorines!

can you shed more light on the change in the finish? did they stop using aniline dyes altogether? i guess from a productivity standpoint, i can see it, as it's easier just to shoot tinted clear....

btw, i need your input on a potentially silly paint/binding idea.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Devastating. The vintage chlorine is my favorite finish. Beautiful quilt too.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Killer guitar, Pat! Congrats on a sweet chlorine.

Comment

Very nice!! I've got to get a PC1.................
                          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                            hey pat, looks as awesome and as hard to photograph as the old chlorines!
                            25% hard to photo / 75% my crummy pic-taking skills.

you shed more light on the change in the finish? did they stop using aniline dyes altogether? i guess from a productivity standpoint, i can see it, as it's easier just to shoot tinted clear....
                            The best I can tell, they stopped using aniline dye on PC1s sometime around the time they swtiched them over to stratheads. After then, they started using some other kind of transparent finish - maybe tinted clear - that was more opaque. Plus the colors schemes done on the "new" chlorines and solars were just waaayyy different than the originals.

As I'm sure you know (but for the benefit of others), aniline dye finishes add a lot more 3D-effect to figured maple tops. It makes the wood look a lot more alive and classy, for sure. Whereas the other stuff is more opaque or translucent. The best way I can think of to describe it is like the difference between looking directly at a color-stained piece of wood vs. looking at the wood through a colored see-through curtain. Which one will show the wood better? Exactly. Not only does the other stuff not add 3 dimensional depth to the wood figuring, but it "hides" the wood figuring by being somewhat opaque.

Also, the quilt-tops seemed to get a lot more hit-or-miss around the same time. Hard to say how much of this was the actual wood figuring vs it being "hidden" by the more opaque new finishes, though. Probably a combination of both. In fairness, around this time I heard it was becoming a lot harder & more expensive for all manufacturers to get high-quality quilted-maple.

, i need your input on a potentially silly paint/binding idea.
                            Fire away, my friend. Sorry if you got bounced back. My inbox was full until I renewed my platinum membership. (Was debating that one with myself.) Anyway, the inbox is now cleared up, so I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Comment

man, look at the depth on that! I just wanna touch it
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X