New score.....Jackson USA WR1 - Black Ghost Flames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New score.....Jackson USA WR1 - Black Ghost Flames

Yesssss!! I have been dreaming for one of those Warriors for quite some years now and now a dream has come through...

It all started 3 weeks ago when I spotted a nice Jackson USA WR1 Black Ghost Flames up for sale on eBay.co.uk. I was really hooked on it since the BGF is one of my favourite finishes and the price was reasonable but still I spent a whole week thinking about buying it....keeping in mind that this would be my first eBay deal and I live in a different country than the seller. After several emails back and forth with the seller who was really nice and helpful I decided to go for it and I´m really glad I did!!

This one has the oil-finished neck which is a really nice variation to my other USA Jacksons which all have painted necks and it plays fantastic, those USA Jackson necks are really awesome!!
    The condition is 8/10 with a few small dings but the front side and neck is in good shape which is all that matters to me.

The guitar was set up in E standard tunning with 10-46 strings. First I had trouble taming the Invader pickup since it´s really agressive and the frequencies are quite different than the EMG´s I´m used to also the stings needed to be lowered a bit. Lowering the pickup further and rolling the tone back a little made some improvements in sound. Then I tried to tune down a half step to Eb and it suddenly sounded way better, so I´m gonna keep it that way for now since I need one guitar in Eb. Eventually I will swap the pickups but I can´t affort new pickups at the moment so this is a good opportunity to experiment with the Invader anyway.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I will add better ones some other day..

Wish I would have gotten a warrior instedad of a kv2
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

my fav graphic for the warrior. and it has an oiled neck . SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      great guitar have fun

Comment

Killer axe and a wise choice going for it , the unfinished neck versions are pretty rare and much nicer . congrats

Comment

Is this the one priced at £1k recently? I nearly went for it myself.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Was the unfinished neck a usa select option or limited run?
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

thats how they came years ago. should of kept it like that .

Comment

Kickass! Looks identical to mine. BTW....BGF = blue ghost flames, and BKGF = black ghost flames.

Comment

Nice score, torgren, congrats! Did you sell your JJs? I seem to recall that you had several.

Comment

Thanks everyone, damn this Warrior is so awesome it sounds good, plays fantastic, looks super cool and it feels really solid!! It will be a while before I realize that I bought it sometimes things happen so fast, I´m really on a tight budget this year so I wasn´t expecting to buy new gear but now suddenly something new is hanging on the wall.

I expected it to sound a little more agressive and direct than the other Jacksons I have and it sure does, it has a nice resonans as well.

Yes Wilkinsi, this is the one that was priced at £1K recently. I think the "buy it now" price was resonable at least compared to what we pay for USA Jacksons in Denmark.

Javert, yes I ended up selling all the JJ´s....allthough I regret not keeping at least one of them but this is how it goes when you are on a tight budget, you can´t have everything...

Comment

Hey congrats on the WR1. I just picked up an EDS one with unpainted neck last week. The unpainted necks feel great eh ?
                      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

sweet score.

Comment

The evil twin! And yes, mine has the oiled neck too.

Comment

Hey axe what pickups did you end up putting in yours??

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                              Hey axe what pickups did you end up putting in yours??
                              I went through many different iterations over the years, and settled on a pearly gates in the neck and a custom custom in the bridge. I added a 500K resistor / .044 uf cap in the control cavity, as it was a bit bright without the tone knob. This is a "magic" combination.

Comment

Working...
                              X