Sl2h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sl2h

Well i've decided to save for a few months offload a few things I dont use/need and buy an SL2H

I have loved this model, ever since seeing real pics of some of the Ghost Flame finishes.

But I have narrowed down my choices between Snow white I allready have two Rans in this colour.

Ferarri Red kinda 80's esque and the guitarist from Blind guardian has custom mirages by esp in this colour which I like.

Finally for the normal colours is Gun metal Grey I have liked this colour since first seeing it Toe Jams RR1-T was probably the first real pic I saw of it on a guitar, but it still kciks ass I'd love it for someone to post an SL2H with it though.

Finally do I go for Black Ghost Flames a colour I have always liked, and thought kicked ass while blending a few of my favourite colours...

Any pictures will be very appreciated, adn Gas significant gas, I'm guessing It will be around sept/october I can go for it maybe a little later I have to take in import duties and fees into the price aswell...

I will 99.9% likely replace the JB and maybe the neck pickup is it a 59, with either a Custom 5 Bridge, and jazz neck If I go for BGF it wll have a coloured pickup either black/purple or double purple for neck and bridge..

So any help is appreciated any info on the neck profile is also welcomed...

Thanks Cant wait to own my First USA Jackson...

i think you mean BKGF which is black ghost , BKG is blue ghost , either way they both rock , post some pics when you get it

Comment

This is Black Ghost Flames:

It's a black base with metallic purple flames, and then metallic silver flames on the uppermost layer. If you haven't seen it in person, I think these two shots are actually a little more like "real life" than any of the ones I've seen online (including jacksonguitars.com).

Unrelated/aside... I recently bought an SL1 and at the same time a TB5 for it. Seemed like the best choice... But, I actually haven't gotten around to putting the TB5/Custom in, I actually, for the first time, LIKE the JB in this guitar, and I usually put EMG's in everything. :think:

Comment

I need a black ghost SL2H for my herd, have blue, red and green just needing black next - yours is sick dude, love it, but please clean the damn thing!!!

:-D

Comment

Here's mine, taken with a pretty sorry camera:

Sorry to make you ill, but I bought this brand new for $1129.00 plus taxes. It's a 2004 model. This was in early 2006 and the store just didn't have a market for it and the guy said they were "tired of looking at it."

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by RemCarr View Post
            I need a black ghost SL2H for my herd, have blue, red and green just needing black next - yours is sick dude, love it, but please clean the damn thing!!!

:-D
            :ROTF:

That is actually a DK1 I bought used and the first pic is when I brought it home with the rusty bridge and gunk all over it. The neck, body and paint were absolutely flawless, though.

2nd pic is after it is cleaned up with some new hardware. The bridge was pretty much unsalvageable and IMO didn't belong on such an otherwise nice guitar. The white pickups were an experiment (failed, didn't grow on me) which are back to a black EMG 85N/89B.

Comment

I'm going to buy a new one 'till sep/oct. But I think I'll get the black. Price is too expensive to import one. And the graphic finishes made incresase the final price.

Comment

I just bought my new black SL2H last August. I've always wanted a black Jackson since I was a kid. I'm still obsessed with it,,,,it's a GREAT guitar. I sold a late 90's DK1 to get it, and it's been amazing. It took a little while to get completely used to the neck through soloist design,,,but now, I can't stop playing it. When I have the funds to get a new guitar, I think I'm gonna go for a gunmetal gray SL1 or SL2H. I've just got to get one more soloist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                  I will 99.9% likely replace the JB and maybe the neck pickup is it a 59, with either a Custom 5 Bridge, and jazz neck
                  Why? You haven't even found the guitar let alone haven't heard it yet. You've already made your mind up that the guitar's tone will fail?

I have a Bengal SL2H and love the stcok pickups as others have said. It was my first JB guitar after 20 years of avoiding the JB and I felt pretty stupid for avoiding it.

The mod's I've done to the SL2H was to add a coil split for the JB and stuffed a 37mm Big Block into the trem.

Comment

I dont get on with the JB cant see it sounding beter in a neckthrough Alder guitar when I hated it in set neck mahogany+hognay bodied guitars which it supposedly sounds best in, i'm not alone in finding it's a pickup that you either sound good with or dont, its the upper mids I dont like on it, I dont find them to be as muddy as some but it certainly hasent blown me away like the custom 5 or nailbomb..

The 59 isnt a bad neck pickup I'm just kinda so so about it...

Sadly the nearest USA Jackson to me is either an SL2H mah if it hasent sold, which wont really give me an idea of the JB in Alder...

Course that doesent mean after spending that much i'm going to throw pickups in there without giving the stock ones a fair run...

Yeah I did mean BKGF with the purple and Silver Flames, imo that is the most striking ghost flame offering, the RGF and green look nice as does the BGF, but I think the contrast is better on the Black..

Still it's BKGF and GMG that are my favourite runners for colour choice allthough snow white is always good.....

I'd be more worried about giging with the ghost flames one not that i'm carless I try to not get any dings though most of my gutiars do have some scars...

Comment

Working...
                    X