Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been a while, update on new guitar purchase...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while, update on new guitar purchase...

Since I saw the review in a guitar magazine back in highschool, maybe 02 or 03, had a "thing" for the Jazz'r.

Saw an ad for one on HC on Monday and for 1k, just had to jump on it.

Came here to do a little more research on the model, since I hadn't seen one like it before (early model with some funky pickup/knob color!) and found it to be owned by a JCF'er here!

Paid on Monday, and it will be here tomorrow!

Here's some pics I'm sure you've seen, just to show off until I get some more tomorrow

Later!
    Last edited by PeteL; 07-22-2009, 07:29 PM.

anyone know how many swee-tone guitars were made? the other models also seem like they only come up every-so-often.

Comment

Not many. I truly wanted that one when Nick posted it, but this damn suckass economy.....

I've owned about 3 and regret selling every one, but one does what one must do.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i hear ya man! I've wanted one for about 6 or 7 years now, had to jump on the credit to fund it but why not! Nick is the man, shipped same day as payment sent, arrived 4 days later in near-mint condish!

Yeah this one's serial number is 59, so i guess an early one?

i'll snap some detailed pics quickly, but man... this guitar is just.... it's such a cool combination. the neck almost feels like a Martin acoustic or something, satin finish with a nice comfy V-shape. and then the pickups have that p-90 growl, really nice classic rock, blues, rock'n'roll, jazzy, it seems to do it all! Except metal, well, I don't know I've just got it going straight into a JTM-45, suits my style well!

Pics coming for those interested...
        Last edited by PeteL; 07-23-2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

massive onslaught of pics (pardon the occasional foot and knee):
          awesome case by g&g

flame on!

closeup flame

closeup qparts tortoise knobs match the tortoise rio-grande P-90s

back flame (slight blur)

spruce body:

pearl dots on ebony fingerboard, as well as pearl side-dots:

back of neck... satin mahogany

yep, USA jackson alright...

tricky-to-find serial

pearl J logo, ebony veneer headstock, pearl sperzel locking tuners, flame maple truss-rod cover

two strap-pin options

i didn't know any of the specs really until after i paid for the guitar, and i tried to picture all the main "selling point" specs here.

for those of you who can appreciate the oddball swee-tone series, hope you enjoy!

oh, and to refresh, basic specs are here:
          Last edited by PeteL; 07-24-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Congrats!

Btw, that's a quilted top/back. Not flamed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              Beautiful guitar. Congrats!

Btw, that's a quilted top/back. Not flamed
              ah right... i knew that *yawn*

Comment

That is a cool guitar in a non-Jackson sort of way.

Was Jackson going after PRS with this design?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  That is a cool guitar in a non-Jackson sort of way.

Was Jackson going after PRS with this design?
                  Not too sure, if anything I'd say it was inspired by Gibson. Nitro laquer, semi hollow, slight Les Paul shape... it's similarly constructed to an ES-335 with the semi-hollow, maple top/back... it's body is much larger than a Les Paul, almost ES-335 in size. I'd say it's kind of a cross between an ES-335 (with the body construction) and a Les Paul custom (with the relative shape, ebony board, small frets, and p90s).

That is, of course, if we're trying to compare it to other guitars. It's pretty unique!

Comment

Absolutely a cool/different Jackson. Very nice catch.

Comment

Working...
                    X