Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First-time buyer wanting feedback on ordering

Greetings-

I'm probably going to be buying a white RR-1 in the next few days.

My concern is what should happen if I order from one of the online retailers and find that the guitar is imperfect? In other words, are these companies typically good at returns/exchanges? I'm nervous to buy an item like this without having seen it first-hand.

I could presumably drive an hour to look at one, but I'm getting lazy in my old age.

Also, are the RR's really that small? I'm 6'4", but doubt I'll ever been seen with it outside of my own house.

Thanks in advance!
    A.

The RR's are 5'2" I think, so they're not that small compared to me but then again I'm only 5'7"

And for the shop thing I can't really help you, my only Jackson is second hand....
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

you should contact the big sellers before you buy and ask them about their return policies im pretty sure they are good with exchanges/returns. As for the RR, you being 6'4" the RR is going to look dinky on you , it was actually developed smaller for randy because he was so small, but hey if you love the guitar and aren't going to be seen outside your house with it then who cares. Good luck .

Comment

My experience with one of my DK1's I bought on line was that the paint on the headstock was peeling away from the wood. The online dealer said I had to call Jackson for warranty work. I sent it to Jackson and received it five weeks later, good as new.

I know there are other things that can be wrong and this is just one issue, but hope it helps. I would say ask the dealer you're buying from, call them and speak tot them letting them know you're iterested and want to know what their return policy is.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Every seller is going to have different return policies.

But if you're buying new, you'll get the warranty from Jackson. Anything that is wrong with the guitar will be fixed or replaced.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            Every seller is going to have different return policies.

But if you're buying new, you'll get the warranty from Jackson. Anything that is wrong with the guitar will be fixed or replaced.
            +1 to this.

Good Jackson dealers that I've dealt with are Matt's Music, and Guitar Asylum in NY. Matt always is good to deal with, and is good with pricing. Guitar Asylum is usually just book on price, but Rob over there is very nice to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
              The RR's are 5'2" I think, so they're not that small compared to me but then again I'm only 5'7"
              That's a pretty big guitar. My RR is nowhere near 5'2" tall.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You can bet it will be imperfect... They always are, it just depends on your eyesight and how close you look.

The "big chains" usually have a 30-day or 45-day return policy. Even most of the small guys have 7 day return. It varies from dealer to dealer though. And usually you are on the hook for shipping.

Comment

just make sure its not a xtrr youll have a big surprise if youre 6.4 cause theres randy small and Dan Spitz small..
                  I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

I'm happy to help with this, just ask!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
                    35 Pleasant St
                    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
                    781-335-0700
                    www.mattsmusic.com
                    --------------------------------
                    6 months 0% Financing Available
                    Gibson Custom Shop Super Dealer
                    Grosh, Suhr and Anderson Custom Guitars Dealer
                    Now shipping Mesa/Boogie amps anywhere in the USA!
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      That's a pretty big guitar. My RR is nowhere near 5'2" tall.

Shit, I read my catalogue wrong that was the size of Randy not the guitar!

:ROTF:
                      Gear

Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                      Blackstar HT5H
                      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                      Marshall JCM 800 2203
                      Marshall 1960A Cab