Work Order #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Order #'s

Can any thing be known about a USA Jackson's WO#?

Are you asking if you can get a copy of the Work Order on a Jackson you bought?

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I was asking what info is recorded on the WO#.

And is it possible to get a copy of a past WO? I just aquired a nice custom shop rhoads from about 1990, and am interested in its history.

Comment

The work order usually has all the details of the guitar - type of pickups, neck profile, body shape, color, etc. You can kind of see what a work order would entail by looking at the Custom Shop Order Form.

As far as old work orders go they are unfortunately not available from FMIC. The company line is that when they bought Jackson none of those records were retained/received. Might be a bunch of crap, might be true. Someone with more knowledge of the inner workings may have something else to add.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
          The company line is that when they bought Jackson none of those records were retained/received. Might be a bunch of crap, might be true. Someone with more knowledge of the inner workings may have something else to add.
          Likely they just don't want to pay for an employee to look up records for the general public. That's one of those things where you balance cost vs. customer service.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Likely they just don't want to pay for an employee to look up records for the general public. That's one of those things where you balance cost vs. customer service.
            Agreed. No money in it for them, but with how popular old Jacksons are might be a small profit center for them if they do have the records. I'm sure many of us collectors would pay some $$$ for a copy of the original work orders. But for a big corporation like FMIC that's pocket change so not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
              Agreed. No money in it for them, but with how popular old Jacksons are might be a small profit center for them if they do have the records. I'm sure many of us collectors would pay some $$$ for a copy of the original work orders. But for a big corporation like FMIC that's pocket change so not worth it.
              A pay service where they provide the original factory work order (after copying it or scanning it for their records) in a framed presentation would be pretty cool. Say, $50. That would keep the ebay sniffers out, as well.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, Turk. That's a great idea. I have a few that I'd like to have the original WOs on like that.

Comment

Thanks alot for the replys, guys!

Comment

Having the work order also gives someone like Ed Roman the one thing they need to make a fake.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X