No announcement yet.

UPS just dropped this one off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super sweet and agree the Jackson logo looks way cool on a Strat head...enjoy and congrats
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Congrats, that is badass! As far as the neck shape, can you compare it to anything, well, other than a fusion (never played one of those), like maybe a KV2 or and Am Std Strat?

Comment

-Gassing heavily- that's gorgeus! Love the reflection on the headstock
        Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          LOL Sorry, it just bugs me!
          Secretly it bugs me too (especially since I want to change to 10's) - but I'll never admit it!

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
          Congrats, that is badass! As far as the neck shape, can you compare it to anything, well, other than a fusion (never played one of those), like maybe a KV2 or and Am Std Strat?
          I've played recent SL2's and RR's – again, played, not owned – so I only have a little bit of play time. In my experience, these had "fatter" necks than the Adrian Smith. I say "fatter" but these necks are certainly not fat. There's a certain feel that I get from Jackson necks compared to others – they feel very square to the hand because my contact points are the top and bottom of the fretboard, rather than the back of the neck. Not having played a regular Dinky recently (outside of like a DK2M), I don't know how they compare.

An Am Std strat definitely feels more like a Charvel neck than a Jackson. I notice the width of a Jackson neck whenever I touch them – even though they are not wider than a Charvel neck. Campared to my Model 4, the Model 4 feels as wide (muscle memory – obviously I didn't break out all of my guitars last night to compare) but is a good bit thicker front to back than the Smith.

Oh, I posted in the USA Charvel section about neck feel, too – check that out: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96475

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
          Poor Janick, he gets no respect.

Congrats dude! That's a beauty!

Is the heel contoured on this one, or is it a standard Strat heel?
          A friend suggested I get a black relic Strat and dance around like an idiot.

Standard Strat heel. Big and chunky! The neck looks thinner front to back at the heel than, say, my Dave Murray – I'll see if I can measure it up – for anyone that is thinking about grabbing parts off this thing – you know who you are!
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Those Adrian Smith look so nice, I need more money!

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Grandturk, that helps a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
                Thanks Grandturk, that helps a bit.
                A bit more - I checked out the spec sheets on Jackson's site - the Smith looks like it has the same dimensions front to back as the KV2. Smaller than the SL1 and bigger than the DK1.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks, I noticed it had the same specs as the speedneck profile, but it seemed nobody ever compared it to that, so I was curious to see what you thought. I'm sure there's some variation in the neck, if they're hand-shaped in the custom shop.

From a quality standpoint, how does it compare to your Charvel pro mod? I'm on the fence between the two. I like everything about the AS, but I think I like the Charvel neck profile a bit better.

Comment

Mine should be here next week!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any thread that reads "UPS just dropped this one..." from the main page scares me a little bit.

Glad your guitar arrived safe. Looks killer!

Comment

Are you sleeping with the ups guy?
                        Marshall JCM800 2203
                        G12K-100w Cabinet
                        Jackson RR24

Comment

Thank thing is so sweet I think I'm gonna friggin' cry. Freakin' beatiful.
                          My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
                          Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

I'm jealous If you ever need to unload that instrument, please let me know. I'm working on my Dave Murray and Janick Gers, inspired by guitars
                            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Awesome! How is the ebony?

Comment

Nice guitfiddle. Look forward to the review.

That guitar is:

Comment

Working...
                                X