NGD: Y2KV just arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Y2KV just arrived!

First of all I wanted to say thanks to all the responses I got in my "Y2KV wanted" ad in the classifieds section. In the end I ended up with a near mint Y2KV and I am totally blown away. I've played many, many Jacksons... but this one just stands out in terms of quality. craftsmanship, and all out playability. My jaw is on the floor. Now I know why everyone goes on and on about this model. It's awesome.

Sorry about the crap pics. All I have is my iPhone, and it lacks alot in the clarity department I also put some pics up of the growing "family" (a King V Pro and a KV2). Enjoy!

And now for the family...
    - Adam

I like your kv2 the pros mice to. Nice score
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Those are sweet.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Nice guitars!

Your collection looks almost the same as mine lol.

I have a black Y2KV and a black KV Custom. My mercedes silver KV Custom just left the factory this week. Should have that in week or two .

Anyway, sweet collection you've got.

Comment

Nice guitars! How do you like the silver finish on the King V? I'm considering that for the Kelly I'm going to order soon. I've never seen a really good pic of that color, how sparkly is it?

Mark

Comment

Congrats. I would like to own a Y2KV one day myself.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thats a pretty kool axe, man. I really like the King V's though!
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by MNash87 View Post
                Nice guitars! How do you like the silver finish on the King V? I'm considering that for the Kelly I'm going to order soon. I've never seen a really good pic of that color, how sparkly is it?

Mark
                It's a really nice metallic finish in my opinion. The flakes are more noticeable in person than in photos for some reason. They aren't huge flakes, but "just enough" if you know what I mean... It is VERY close to the silver on my BMW. So if you want a good estimate, go to a dealership and check out their silver models. I think they call it titanium silver or something, but its very, very close. Photos make it look lighter for some reason, and same with me car. I guess its the reflection in the flakes maybe? Hell I don't know

Anyway its a pretty sweet silver if you ask me. Go for it dude! You won't be disappointed.
                - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                  It's a really nice metallic finish in my opinion. The flakes are more noticeable in person than in photos for some reason. They aren't huge flakes, but "just enough" if you know what I mean... It is VERY close to the silver on my BMW. So if you want a good estimate, go to a dealership and check out their silver models. I think they call it titanium silver or something, but its very, very close. Photos make it look lighter for some reason, and same with me car. I guess its the reflection in the flakes maybe? Hell I don't know

Anyway its a pretty sweet silver if you ask me. Go for it dude! You won't be disappointed.
                  It is Quicksilver. And I see you kept the Blackout in there.

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                    It is Quicksilver. And I see you kept the Blackout in there.
                    Hey dude! Yep I'm totally digging the pickups you put in there! I wasn't sure at first, but once I played that guitar it was love at first ROAR lol The EMG 60 in the neck was an excellent pick by the way. You have good taste. So it's gonna stay that way, at least for now. I am liking it way too much!

So the KV2 is quicksilver? It's a perfect silver IMO. Not too much flake and not too little like I was saying earlier.

I gotta say though, as much as I love my other two Vs... the Y2KV is just another breed entirely. Its hard to explain but as soon as you pick it up you can tell its just a solid, war machine
                    - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                      Hey dude! Yep I'm totally digging the pickups you put in there! I wasn't sure at first, but once I played that guitar it was love at first ROAR lol The EMG 60 in the neck was an excellent pick by the way. You have good taste. So it's gonna stay that way, at least for now. I am liking it way too much!

So the KV2 is quicksilver? It's a perfect silver IMO. Not too much flake and not too little like I was saying earlier.

I gotta say though, as much as I love my other two Vs... the Y2KV is just another breed entirely. Its hard to explain but as soon as you pick it up you can tell its just a solid, war machine
                      I am glad you enjoy it. Every Jackson I have had it is easy to find a great tone. My ESP MX-II on the other hand is a tonal turd. I haven't found a good bridge pickup for it yet.

Comment

Wow, it looks amazing!

how much did it set you back?
                        Guitars:
                        Jackson USA Shannon Soloist (blk)
                        Jackson USA Custom Shop SL2H white/Silver Ghost Flames
                        Bernie Rico Jr. Hybrid Vixen (blk)
                        BC Rich NJ Gunslinger

Amp:
                        ENGL Powerball -> ENGL Pro Cab 4*12(V30's)

Comment

If u put a white nut on that y2kv i think it would look even better
                          proud member of Jackson guitars fan club

Comment

Great set of axes, congrats on the Y2KV.

Comment

I want your KV pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X