Does this happen to anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this happen to anyone else?

I own a wr1 and when I pull the floyd up (higher pitch) the strings hit the fretboard and the note dies, is this normal with Usa Jacksons? On my ke3 I can pull the floyd all the way up

I have something like that on my kv2, when I pull it up the note dies at a certain level, but my tech told me its because the floyd touches the foam thing in the recessed area.I just dont play with it...on my ltd m200fm wich is a way worst guitar, i can get some major dive bomb craziness even if it sounds and plays awful.
    I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

I don't think I actually ever pull up on the bar.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

If the tremolo is set up properly on both (level when in the "neutral" position, not tilted forward or backwards) then there is no difference other than the recess routing on the USA Jackson is deeper or the action is lower to begin with, both of which are possible.

Comment

I pull up on the bar all the time(also on my usa models), and have never had a problem like your describing. If you're comfortable with setting up your own guitar there are a few things to check.

1)is the floyd properly adjusted(there's a incredibly in depth thread about this in the tech area(I think it's stickied)).
          2)how about neck relief?
          3)how about fret leveling?

Just some random thoughts, if you've checked these items and are still experiencing a problem - just ask some more(also pics can be helpfull).
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

There's a lot of geometry involved in pulling up a trem and not getting strimg buzz/cancelation. Especially since Jackson and Charvel players like the strings set low/close to the fret board. The two posts on an FR trem, the springs on the trem inside, the truss rod adjustment, and even the size and or height of the locking nut are contributing factors.
            It can be maddening adjusting all of these and getting it to line up right if you haven't done it a couple times before. The WARRIOR 1 should be able to pull up with the best of them. Two half steps on the hi-E, three half steps on the B-string and so on.
            Have a pro-set-up and ask the guy to teach you how it's done. SAM ASH and GUITAR center service departments charge $100 to set-up Jackson guitars. At least that's what they hit me up for. I have a LOCAL mom & pop guitar store do mine. They've been around for 30 years and they gave a great guitar tech. They charge even more.
            Also, Jayster hinted at a floyd thread. If you've read this far, try that floyd thread.
            JvicE

Comment

My SL1 with factory setup will fret out if I pull back all the way.

But, that's like 4 - 5 frets worth of pull-up. If you're pulling up that far, well... You're pulling up too far.

Comment

i'm into the herman li kind of pulling the bar when i just lift the guitar with the trem arm sometimes with my ltd but I cant even think about doing half of this with my usa jackson. I may start to consider getting it to a luthier instead of my local guitar shop guitar tech for once.Its not normal for a guitar that price to have issues with divebombs and pulls if you consider a shitty ltd with a 30$ ebay floyd can do twice better in my case...

Comment

Floyds often fret out before they bottom out if the action is set low. It's not a problem.

Comment

MetalVinnce333,

Can you post pics of the trem(from top and sides), springs and claw?
                    It certainly sounds to be a setup issue and a luthier might well be an unnecessary charge, was this a previously owned jackson?
                    Have you looked into any of the things mentioned or are you more of a player then tech(ish) guy?
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Floyds often fret out before they bottom out if the action is set low. It's not a problem.
                      I agree with this.
                      (That's assuming the setup is done correctly)
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven
                      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

The action gets higher when you tilt the tremolo to lower the pitch, and gets lower when you pull it back to raise the pitch.

If the action is low to begin with, and the recess cavity is deep, the strings will fret out at or before you "bottom out" in the tremolo recess.

This is not a problem. It's just how it works. Move the bridge back and forth and look at the strings; there is no setting that magically changes the geometry of the bridge as it rocks back and forth on the fulcrum.

Comment

Well im more a player than a tech-ish guy for sure but one of my friends is a junior tech and he knows a lot about trems so he'll be taking a look after putting the duncan distortions in my kv2 to replace the horrible emg's they had.And yes the guitar was previously owned.

Comment

Either the action is really low or you have a back ow in the neck.
                            Gil

Comment

ooooOOOOoooo
                              Last edited by j4vice; 08-07-2009, 03:08 AM.
                              JvicE

Comment

Working...
                              X