No announcement yet.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on my old fernandes - i loved that thing, the floyd was perfect - when i would dive then pull up instead of fretting out it would hit a high harmonic
    screaming upward - made for a cool flash trick, also it would cricket unbelievable ala Andy Laroque.

Comment

Originally posted by metalvince333 View Post
      .And yes the guitar was previously owned.
      My thoughts here were not snobbery, I've seen people do all kinds of wierd shit to trems before. After hearing this info, I'd be even more inclined to believe the issue is just setting up the trem properly.
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

If it's fretting out on the upper range (between 15 and 24) it's not the neck or the trem. You're just going to have to choose between super-low action without being able to pull up as much or the ability to pull it all the way up but have higher action.

If it's fretting out around the 12th, then the neck is bowed backwards.

Also check to see if it's hitting the pickups and not the frets.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If the action is really low, and the pickups are high when you pull up on the trem the magnetic pull from the pickups can pull the strings towards the fretboard causing buzz.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
          X