My first Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Jackson

I just got a Jackson Soloist SL3, and being my first Jackson was more than happy to play her. First impression, small lightweight body which is nice. The Floyd Rose trem stays in tune, but just curious had 3 questions.

Where are the Jackson Soloist SL3 made in US. or Japan?

Also the rosewood fretboard is a little dry, what do you guys use on them, something that will not ruin it over time.?

Last but not least, I want to repaint her to a bright color, what other color would it look nice other than yellow? maybe yellow/oragne?

I'm proud to own a Jackson now I see why you guys love them so much. I get complimets from everyone especially girls

The SL3 is made in Japan.

You can buy something called "lemon oil" to oil the fretboard. It's actually mineral oil with a lemon scent.

I would personally try to dissuade you from refinishing the guitar. It's very hard to get a good result, unless you're a pro. And a professionally done refin = $$$. You'd be better off looking for another SL3 in the color you want, IMO.

Comment

Thanks dude for replying I really appreciate it.

So how much would I spend if I wanted it to ge repainted, light blue or maybe orange/yellow? Around how much?

Comment

Working...
      X