No announcement yet.

Show me your Kellys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Some kelly's - if you search them, you'll find quite a bit more!!!

Comment

seriously jay you got too many. i'll take at least 5 of em off your hands for say 3 bucks. Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post

Some kelly's - if you search them, you'll find quite a bit more!!!
          Nice dog
          As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Jay loves his Kelly's Lol
            Gear

Jackson DXMG
            Jackson JS30RR
            Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
            Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
            Blackstar HT5H
            Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
            Marshall JCM 800 2203
            Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Jayster,
              Could you trace the King Kelly and one of the KE2's please! We have comparison tracings for most of the Jackson variations, but not these two.

MNash87,
              I'm just glad you didn't go with AG McD stated when he took over that we could now get any standard finish on any USA Jackson. Of course that was a few months after I gave up getting a nebula kelly.

Comment

That's cool that McD said that, I wasn't aware of that. Red is my favorite color and the trans red reminds me of a B. C. Rich Bich an old bandmate of mine had in the early 80's. It had a quilt top and the red was really nice and bright. I wanted a flame top, though. The USA's I've seen with trans red look like the color on that Bich. I think that color with the chrome hardware will be killer. Can't wait to get it in my hands, lol. I think I'm gonna start a Kelly collection, next will be either white or trans black. The waiting begins, lol!
                Mark

Comment

I wish had one.
                  Last edited by j4vice; 08-08-2009, 07:36 PM.
                  JvicE

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                    Does that king kely have the same upper fret access as a regular kelly? Or better, worse?
                    THE ABSENCE- "Enemy Unbound" in stores Summer 2010!
                    THE ABSENCE- "Riders Of The Plague" in stores world-wide!
                    THE ABSENCE- "From Your Grave" in stores world-wide!

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
                      Jayster,
                      Could you trace the King Kelly and one of the KE2's please! We have comparison tracings for most of the Jackson variations, but not these two.
                      Yes I will do this and include it with my newest Ke2 in photos!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ihave27frets View Post
                        Does that king kely have the same upper fret access as a regular kelly? Or better, worse?
                        It's funny you ask this as I've recently been feeling somewhat limited in the ability to grab notes above the 21st fret. Yes, the king kelly is easier to grab a note!!!!

Comment

Really? I would have guessed the KE2 would be easier. The cutout looks bigger and the KE2 has 24 frets vs. 22 on the KK. Even if the cutouts on the are the same, the cutout on the KE2 goes to the 24th so you have more room at the 22nd on the KE2. The KK's 22nd fret would seem at least as tight as the KE2's 24th.

At any rate, if I ever have the scratch for a CS, I plan to try and come up with a king kelly that stays as close to the original look as possible and get more access on the high frets as well as make it a 24 fretter.

I have a Nagoya made bich that the access at 24 is no worse than on the 12th. It just dosen't play as well as a Jackson.

Almost forgot:
                          Jayster, thanks and I was already jealous of you collection of kellys so go ahead and rub it in some more!
                          Last edited by Bri; 08-09-2009, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Jayster, didn't you hear the rule? There's a limit on how many kelly's a man can own. Now, I'll let you off easy, just send me over one of those KE-1's and we'll call it a day.
                            Originally posted by horns666
                            The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bri View Post
                              Really? I would have guessed the KE2 would be easier. The cutout looks bigger and the KE2 has 24 frets vs. 22 on the KK. Even if the cutouts on the are the same, the cutout on the KE2 goes to the 24th so you have more room at the 22nd on the KE2. The KK's 22nd fret would seem at least as tight as the KE2's 24th.

At any rate, if I ever have the scratch for a CS, I plan to try and come up with a king kelly that stays as close to the original look as possible and get more access on the high frets as well as make it a 24 fretter.

I have a Nagoya made bich that the access at 24 is no worse than on the 12th. It just dosen't play as well as a Jackson.

Almost forgot:
                              Jayster, thanks and I was already jealous of you collection of kellys so go ahead and rub it in some more!
                              yeah its weird how it doesnt always work like that.. I have a really hard time with my friend's Kelly reaching the last 4 frets or so but on my les paul the 22nd fret isn't hard for me to reach at all, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever. lol

Comment

san dimas king kelly

used to have's.. san dimas student and regular kelly's

Comment

Working...
                                X