No announcement yet.

Help with identifying my guitar specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identifying my guitar specs?

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I own a Jackson which I bought in the late 1980s (serial #6649) with a bolt on neck. It has a HB in the bridge position and 2 SC in the middle and neck positions. It also has a kickass custom paint job (the school teacher from Pink Floyd's The Wall).

Unfortunately due to a bad economic situation I need to shed some of my equipment and I'd like to sell this guitar. I know it's frowned upon around here to ask about the potential value of a guitar, but can anyone at least help me identify any details on the guitar? Specific wood type, bridge type, pickups, anything at all would be helpful. I emailed Jackson and a Fender customer rep emailed me saying they can't help me at all with the info.

I've enclosed a few pictures below. Thanks in advance for any help.

Wow. I really don't like pictures on guitars (the actually name for it is eluding me because I'm stupid)... But I love that guitar. And I love Pink Floyd. It usually takes a nice V (with sharkies or other cool inlays) for me to get jealous... but I am totally jealous now, lol.

*Sorry I wasn't of any more use*
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah, it's a beautiful guitar and plays like a dream, but it's the reality of the situation that it needs to go.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/serials.htm
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Yep, already looked there, thanks Knowing the year is good, but I am thinking that if I am going to sell it I need a way to identify all the components. And unfortunately all my paperwork from 20+ years ago is nowhere to be seen.

Comment

Apparently you haven't read the forum rules. You cannot buy/sell/trade outside of the Classified section which you must be a paying Platinum member of.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Toejam, sorry about that. Again, not trying to sell it here. Just want to see if anyone can help with identifying the components so that I can make a proper listing for it. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I didn't know you couldn't buy.

Comment

Of course you can buy, but there are no solicitations allowed outside of the Classified section per Jeremy's rules. And if you also put anything to that effect in your signature, it will be removed.

Comment

I did know that.

Comment

I posted the for sale link in the classifieds, here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96727

Thanks again for the reminder Toejam.

Comment

You're welcome. And thanks for being a cool newbie and not giving me an attitude about the forum rules and possibly getting banned. :ROTF:

Comment

Very nice, I dont think you'll have any problems shifting that one.

Comment

That's a very cool and special guitar!

Comment

Working...
                            X