Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I email GC about a used USA Dinky....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I email GC about a used USA Dinky....

I was looking around for a Soloist after playing Nick's at Piney Hills last week. So I'm checking out Guitar Center's used site. No Soloists at a price I want to pay.

I get curious and start looking at Dinkys.

Well one shows up for real cheap. But no pics or description.

So I email the store for pics....

Look at what they send me back.

No problem. Looks cool. Haven't seen too many HSS Dinkys but whatever.

Then I get...

So now I know it's a USA. I'm happy.

Then I get...

:idea:

Needless to say I've already got it on its way. Even talking to the sales guy they're still convinced it's a Dinky.

:think:

Don't want to get too excited but just had to post this. I'll let you guys know what arrives Monday.

You would think with the interwebs these guys would do a little homework so they could maybe make more profit. Just another indication of the idiots working at GC Awesome score.

Comment

Most GC employees are clueless as to what particular model is in front of them. I recently bought a Dinky from them, the pics were horrible, so I called in to verify things. It had a JT-590, no big whoop, but the salesman said it was a genuine Floyd Rose, and he told me that while he was holding and inspecting the guitar. I even asked him: "Are you sure it's not a Jackson labeled trem, with Made in Germany by Schaller?" which is what the JT-590's all have. I swear he still said: "Nope, original and genuine Floyd, not a licensed one. Oh brother...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Nice grab! I kept hearing these stories about sweet gear getting blown out at the GC's. So, I took a trip over there a while back. What I got was a shitty Mexi-strat with a buzzy setup (and paid high retail for it).

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          Nice grab! I kept hearing these stories about sweet gear getting blown out at the GC's. So, I took a trip over there a while back. What I got was a shitty Mexi-strat with a buzzy setup (and paid high retail for it).
          Gotta look on the website too man. I've seen some good deals on the used sections before.

I remember seeing a KV-2 there a while ago for $800, in Fairly Decent condition...A fucking steal for a KV2 needless to say.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

I picked up a 96 DK1 EDS a few weeks ago. And they had it labeled as a Soloist Fusion. Im like wtf is that? I gave the guys a bit of a ha4rd time about it. Cus well they know me and a couple of them are my old customers. (go figure. I tell them everything i know then they go work for the competition).. lol Its got a few nicks and stuff but yeah its a great guitar. Oh yeah my point. I asked the guys why they called it a soloist fusion and they said thats what the customer said it was. I come to find out the guy that sold it to them was another customer of mine and we couldnt offer him enough for it so Ash did. I wasnt there at the time so they just blew it off and low balled him. UGH I could kill my guys some times. Well i got a great guitar and got rid of a couple i got at work for cheap that i didnt really play And ended up gettin more than i paid for both.
            So the stupidity goe sfarther than just GC. Its the misinformed customers telling the misinformed staff and stores where people just dont care.
            Gil

Comment

Oh and yes there are h/s/s Dinkies I have one

Comment

Yeah, there are plenty of the older 22 fret h/s/s DK1s out there.....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

man I love GC Even though their new stock isn't that special usually, I always seem to find some pretty sweet deals on used gear there. I got a mid 90s SL1 EDS in pretty good condition for 500 bucks about a year ago now I ended up trading it in towards my ESP viper custom, as I can't afford to keep everything, but I got more in the trade-in for it than I paid for it (and stores offer SHIT for trade-ins heh)

Hope your SL2H arrives safe. It looks sweet, let us know how it is when it gets home
                  My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Yeah I know there are HSS Dinkys out there, just not that common, esp the newer ones.

Comment

DK2's are H/S/S and anre pretty common

Comment

Nice Grab!
                        GC employees usually are pretty clueless about the used gear they have in front of them.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                          DK2's are H/S/S and anre pretty common
                          He's talking about USA Dinkys, not DK2s.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            He's talking about USA Dinkys, not DK2s.

true, but he just said dinky's, but this is in a USA thread, so i guess that was already implied

oh well, still, you would think with a name like GUITAR CENTER, they would hire employees who actually knew about guitars

everytime i go into a music store i know more about what they carry than they do, tried to talk to a guy here about JACKSON STARS, and how they were built for the JAPAN market, and all this guy could talk about was the Kelly star, he had no clue about Jackson Overseas productions and marketing

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                              \everytime i go into a music store i know more about what they carry than they do\
                              haha I always feel that way too
                              My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

Working...
                              X