Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What dinky is this??

Hey guys,

can you help me identify this guitar? The guy claims it is a made in usa dinky but i can't find it in any catalog from audiozone and the 'made in usa' logo seems kinda not in line with the 'jackson' logo. Does it seem fake to you? The guitar is this

http://cgi.ebay.it/jackson-made-in-u...4.c0.m14.l1262

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks a lot

If it is a U.S.A. Dinky and the logo is correct. Its a DK1 Thats the only name for a US Dinky.
    The DK2 is MIJ. Althou there are 22 versions of the DK1 h/s/s and h/h depends on the year of production. The serial number puts it as a 89. So it's an 89 DK1.
    Nice color.
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      If it is a U.S.A. Dinky and the logo is correct. Its a DK1 Thats the only name for a US Dinky.
      The DK2 is MIJ. Althou there are 22 versions of the DK1 h/s/s and h/h depends on the year of production. The serial number puts it as a 89. So it's an 89 DK1.
      Nice color.
      Gil
      The H/S/S DK1 from the late '90s is 22 frets. The newer H/H DK1 is 24 frets. That would just be considered a Custom Dinky from that time frame.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info guys. Do you know anything about the body wood? The jackson pickups from this era are supposed to be good i think (i have never played one). The body should be poplar?

Overall, is this a guitar worthy of the 'made in usa' logo? I was going for a japanese soloist but usa guitars are better built. How much do you believe this guitar is worth? Thanks a lot

Comment

Yup i didnt even notice it was a 24fret. Thats what i get for being here when too tired to think.

Comment

"maple tree, keyboard in ebony , pickup jackson but however "
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Haha! I laughed as well when i saw the translation. I guess he used an online translation program from Italian to English!
              Anyway, i haven't joined the jackson usa family yet and i guess this isn't the one for me but sooner or later...

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Working...
              X