No announcement yet.

OK - New Pics of My Adrian Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shots! Haven't got a chance to play one yet (hell haven't even seen one in person yet!)

What does the neck feel like? Is wide thin like a Soloist? or is like the new Charvels?

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
      Turk, you really need to get some pics of both your Maiden guitars together up.
      We can't catch both of them!

Gear

Jackson DXMG
      Jackson JS30RR
      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
      Blackstar HT5H
      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
      Marshall JCM 800 2203
      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Anyone who buys both a Dave Murray strat AND an Adrian Dinky should get a prize.

Maybe that bird Maiden had on the NOTB tour during "22 Acacia Avenue" should come round your house and do that crappy, totally unsexy dance she did, just for you.
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Anyone who buys both a Dave Murray strat AND an Adrian Dinky should get a prize.

Maybe that bird Maiden had on the NOTB tour during "22 Acacia Avenue" should come round your house and do that crappy, totally unsexy dance she did, just for you.
          Anyone think Janick will get a sig? Since both of his band mates have already? (And when will steve for that matter?) I don't think he will because A. He's not all that good. B. He's weird as hell. C. His guitar is ugly. Admittedly B isn't a real reason, just needed to be said.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
            Anyone think Janick will get a sig? Since both of his band mates have already? (And when will steve for that matter?) I don't think he will because A. He's not all that good. B. He's weird as hell. C. His guitar is ugly. Admittedly B isn't a real reason, just needed to be said.
            steve has his own signature bass from fender, its out now i think

Comment

Originally posted by scarylynch View Post
              What does the neck feel like? Is wide thin like a Soloist? or is like the new Charvels?

I posted this in my first thread about the guitar - check it:

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              I've played recent SL2's and RR's – again, played, not owned – so I only have a little bit of play time. In my experience, these had "fatter" necks than the Adrian Smith. I say "fatter" but these necks are certainly not fat. There's a certain feel that I get from Jackson necks compared to others – they feel very square to the hand because my contact points are the top and bottom of the fretboard, rather than the back of the neck. Not having played a regular Dinky recently (outside of like a DK2M), I don't know how they compare.

An Am Std strat definitely feels more like a Charvel neck than a Jackson. I notice the width of a Jackson neck whenever I touch them – even though they are not wider than a Charvel neck. Campared to my Model 4, the Model 4 feels as wide (muscle memory – obviously I didn't break out all of my guitars last night to compare) but is a good bit thicker front to back than the Smith.

Oh, I posted in the USA Charvel section about neck feel, too – check that out: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96475
              A bit more - I checked out the spec sheets on Jackson's site - the Smith looks like it has the same dimensions front to back as the KV2. Smaller than the SL1 and bigger than the DK1.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Which one?? Esthetically I like the all white with ebony but the maple feels and sounds a bit warmer!! Decisions,decisions?????

Comment

Nice... but what's Davey gunna play when he pops 'round your flat?

Blank yo!

Comment

Close - 34th - but maybe with a little wind drift.
                    Hah, could you imagine putting your guitar out like that a few nights ago? Holy crap it was raining/thundering so much.

But regardless, that's a clean and great looking guitar.
                    Dean USA Razorback Skulls V
                    Dean Razorback Skulls
                    Jackson USA KV2
                    Agile Interceptor 7
                    Dean Razorback Blood Angel V

Comment

Originally posted by damagedjustice93 View Post
                      steve has his own signature bass from fender, its out now i think
                      Yeah, no doubt Turk's got one on order.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah, no doubt Turk's got one on order.

Nah - I tried to play the bass for a couple years - even just to lay down the rhythm on my recordings - I have zero ability on that 4-string paddle.
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Nah - I tried to play the bass for a couple years - even just to lay down the rhythm on my recordings - I have zero ability on that 4-string paddle.
                          Same here. I bought a bass just to mess around with, but ended up trying to play it like a guitar with a big jazz pick. It was pretty cool trying to play Phantom of the Opera, but I'm sure our more skilled bassist on this web site would laugh or throw tomatoes at me

On a side note, I've taken my first step at making a Dave Murray strat. I was in GC last night and bought a black MIM strat. Just need the pickguard, some Super D's in cream, and I'll be on my way...

If this turns out to be a keeper, I might have it re-shoed with super jumbo frets.

I'll post pics in the Other forum next week.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            On a side note, I've taken my first step at making a Dave Murray strat. I was in GC last night and bought a black MIM strat. Just need the pickguard, some Super D's in cream, and I'll be on my way...
                            You'll need to do some routing of the neck pickup - I don't think a hummer will fit in there, even though it is larger than a single route.

Personally, I would have at least gone with the classic 50's (or 60's if you want to do rosewood) - roadworn or not. These are actually decent guitars. The classics also have the correct vintage bridge instead of the narrow MIM design. And the roadworns already have bigger frets.
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                            X