Yard Sale Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yard Sale Find

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've been a guitar player for quite a while.
    A couple of weeks ago I found a Jackson USA guitar at a yard sale. I am hoping that the participants in this forum can tell me a little more about what I found.

Here's what I know about it. It is marked Jackson and Made In USA on the pointy headstock, the headstock points up, rather than down. It has a bolt-on neck and the neck plate reads Jackson PO Box 245 San Dimas California. The body has a white-grey-black snake skin finish. Very simple electronics, one humbucker with a single volume control. It was missing the vibrato arm and springs when I got it.

There are a few pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/brianwil.../JacksonGuitar

It is in very rough shape, it was thrashed hard and poorly cared-for.

Please let me know what you think I have... what model and what year.

Thanks, Brian

Looks like you have a Jackson Strat made at the Ontario location somewhere around 1987-1989. SAd to see it in that shape, but probably just needs some TLC. Cool snake skin graphic!

Comment

I like that !! Nice find

Comment

I'd say probably a 1989 due to the Schaller/Jackson trem, the JT-590. Do this, hold the guitar to a light source such as a lamp for a few minutes, then go into a very dark room with it. Possible that the snakeskin graphic glows in the dark. I had a single hum snake like that years ago, it was phosphorous paint, might be neat to see if yours is too.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Man, I love to see these types of finds. A Garage Sale you say? My wife keeps bugging me to go with her to these things but I have always refused. My luck I'll wind up with some nice vases. Hey Brian, what'd you pay for that guitar if you don't mind me asking? Also, welcome to the forum!

Comment

WOW!

Good for you friend! That is a cool looking guitar for sure.

Comment

WOW! Well spotted Brian W. Whats that coating inside the trem cavity.

Comment

Nice 'honest' relic! Why can't I find things like that at yard sales?
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

tcwil8, I paid $20 for it with a nice padded gig bag. I would have paid that for the bag without the guitar!

59lemondrop, The inside of the trem cavity is just clear coat that hasn't been sanded or buffed. I'm guessing the B.S. marking stands for 'Boa Skin'??

Comment

Originally posted by Brian W View Post
                    tcwil8, I paid $20 for it with a nice padded gig bag. I would have paid that for the bag without the guitar!

59lemondrop, The inside of the trem cavity is just clear coat that hasn't been sanded or buffed. I'm guessing the B.S. marking stands for 'Boa Skin'??
                    20ucks???? Damn!!! I'm gonna have to start hitting garage sales again. Damn nice find dude. Welcome to the board.
                    Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Tewnty dollars? OMG! Are you kidding?
                      Whats the neck's condition. Have you done much to the guitar since?

Comment

Wow! What a find! If you restore it, post pics of the progress. We would all love to see this beauty come back to life.
                        2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                        2007 DK2m White Bengal
                        88 Jackson limited edition
                        Charvel Preditor
                        PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                        Jackson DX10D
                        3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                        4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                        Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                        Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment

wow. gorgeous snake finish and for only 20$.

Comment

Great score! Hope you get that back in playing shape.

Comment

Despite the San Dimas neckplate, it was made in Ontario (California, not Canada) - about 30 miles from the original San Dimas address.

Definitely a nice score. Best price so far.

And don't take less than $800 for it. I can smell the internet burning with PMs of low-ball offers
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X