No announcement yet.

Yard Sale Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great score! Post a lot of questions if you are unsure about the restoration steps.

Comment

Where are these when I am being drug to look thru some one else's f**king junk!?
      $20 is unreal!
      I can't even find a solid bodied guitar at these things!
      OH! and great score!!

Comment

Awesome find!

Comment

I have yet to see a decent guitar at a yard sale!! Damn that is an awesome deal, regardless of condition!

Comment

Wow. Great find!! Hope you get that restored and playable.
            $20.00...looks like deal of a lifetime!
            2 BC Rich USA Gunslinger's-lightning bolt graphic
            BC Rich USA Mockingbird-candy apple red metallic
            BC Rich USA STIII-gray snakeskin
            Ibanez RG770DX-lazer blue
            Kramer Sustainer American-black

Comment

as we say in my country..Jammy Bastard!!

awesome find!

Comment

Who takes such care of his guitar?

Seeing a USA Jackson in this condition really makes me noxious.
                http://www.myspace.com/gonepostalmetal

http://www.myspace.com/svartidaudi

Comment

^ I think you meant "nauseated" not noxious

I've never even seen a guitar at a yard sale. It's always baby clothes or dinged up coffee tables.
                  Scott

Comment

That's gotta be the best deal ever... are there any issues aside from rusty screws and hardware and a few dings?

Comment

To think that once upon a time that was someones custom ordered pride and joy..would love to know how i went from there to a $20 yard sale

Comment

Man that thing is fucked up. Are those drywall screws holding the pickup in?

If the second pic is accurate, the trem is missing 4 of the string lock bolts.
                        Headstock looks bad and the lower body looks like it too a good whack, but for only costing you $20 you can afford to throw a real Floyd on there and clean it up and still make a tidy profit on it if you decided to flip it.

Ignore Newc and don't get your hopes up too high because it ain't worth $800... seriously.
                        Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-18-2009, 07:16 PM.
                        -Rick

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for the information and for the congrats on finding the guitar. I have bought a few guitars and amps at garage sales over the years, but the odds of finding anything worthwhile are very low. Probably the best garage sale deal for me was a 1962 Gibson EB-2 bass (es-335 style) in excellent condition for $30. But that was long ago, before the internet and 'Antiques Roadshow' made everyone think any old guitar is worth $$$$$.

The Jackson is in the process of being brought back to life. The main issue is a crack in the 'luthier's joint' on the neck... the place where the headstock is spliced onto the neck. It is broken at the joint, but looks like a nice clean break and no one attempted a repair which is a plus. This should go back together and be playable pretty quickly. I am going to leave the cosmetics as they are, as long as they don't get in the way of playing it I don't see any reason to get into finish work. I'll post some more pics when it is back together.

Comment

Hi, Yes, you're right... drywall screws, missing trem parts, etc. As far as value, I'm guessing about half of what the other guy quoted. With the neck fixed and all of the parts back on it, and most of the parts will be the original type parts from the late '80's, I'm guessing $400 or so.

Comment

That is so COOL!! Great find!
                              I drag my wife and kids to the yard sales!!! Never have bought a new DVD or keyboard?
                              I do the yard sales, pawn shops and Craigs list. At the yard sales I always ask sometime during the stop "Hey Yall don't have any Gibson Les Pauls around here ..do ya?"
                              All Ive ever found was a Global Gibson Humingbird copy, at first it looked like a real Gibson, but hey for $20 you scored man!!!
                              Last edited by Mark H; 08-28-2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X