Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stratty Neck Pickup needed for Soloist....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, for Strat tones I'd go either 57/62 reissues, Texas Specials or one of the SSL's from Duncan. I have a SSL-1 and love it in the neck position. That would give a great Gilmour strat sound.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

DiMarzio Fast Track 1 is a nice "Stratty" pickup. It beefs up surprisingly well with metal distortion, but the clean tone is awesome.

Comment

i prefer the duncan antiquities single coil for a true strat sound. hums like a bitch, but is WELL worth it. i HATE the stock single in the SL1 - they are weak and lack character. for true strat tone on a budget, fender's 57/62 is a great pick up also.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Dimarzio HS2 with coil tap. They sound amazing, especially in neckthrough guitars.
          They are already strat sized humbuckers and sound good without coil tap, but if you tap them the brighten up and sound vintage.

Comment

Bare Knuckles has a good choice in pickups and Tim, the head guy can hook you up.

BTW, they can build the pickup to fit a Jackson if it had the Jackson singles originally. < The base for the Fender style single coils will not fit in some Jacksons.

I went with the "Mother's Milk" singles in the 2 single coils slots in my '86 Soloist. I also went with Bare Knuckles for the Humbucking as well and they can do the proper spacing on the bobbins.

It's not that expensive to call Bare Knuckles in England and talk directly with Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
              gilmour uses EMGs AFAIK. SA IIRC?
              since mixing actives with passives is always quite a hazzle, I suggest to get an 89 as addition for the bridge. it's splitable and will sound the same as an SA in single coil mode (85 in humbucker mode).
              if you want to stay passive I can highly recommend the bill lawrence L280S. very warm and clear sounding PU. could be worth a try.

I don't know wether you've been there before, but http://www.gilmourish.com/ is a great recource for those, who are after the gilmour sound.
              Just on that red guitar I think. mostly he just uses vintage strat pickups I believe

Comment

Working...
              X