Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Soloist SL2H Trans Red help.....please

Hey guys,
    I'm thinking about getting (ordering) a USA Soloist SL2H in Trans Red, but I can't seem to find any pics of the color in it's "true presentation"......so to speak.

Can anyone post any pics of their SL2H Trans Red in an outdoor sunlight shot, or some other way to show the "actual color"? Some pics I've seen online make it look sort of pinkish-red or pink-orange. I'm hoping it's a really cool red-red.
    Sorry for my rambling.......I'm very new here.
    Thanks for your help!

Here's a pic I grabbed years ago of an SL2H in trans red. Hope this helps.

Comment

Here are a couple of photos from a USA Select as sold in Japan (never mind the Japanese logo, this is just an SL2H):

Comment

Awesome....thanks for the pics guys.

Comment

I have a RR1 in trans red, sorry, no picture available right now but one thing that caught me slightly off guard when I first got it was that the color is almost a wine red color as opposed to a bright cherry red which is more of what I was expecting. Also, the flame maple doesn't show through quite as well on this finish, particularly in photographs for some reason. In person it is quite attractive however.

Comment

Tonelover......thanks for your input. Wow Wine Red huh. A darker red kinda cool also. I can see why you where surprised....I would have thought it would be a brighter cherry red also.

See why I ask? Photos are so tricky!

Comment

I just ordered a trans red KE2 and was told by the dealer (after weeks of agonizing over color choices, lol), that the trans red is bright, like "fire engine red" but it does "wash out" in photographs. All the pics I've grabbed and seen show the trans red as being bright on the top, but a little darker on the back of the guitar. Go check out http://www.themusiczoo.com for more pics of trans red. They have pics of a Soloist and a Warrior in trans red on their "Sold" Jackson guitars page. Also, there's an RR1 in trans red on evilbay that has some really good pics of the finish on the guitar. Hope that helps.

Mark

Comment

Thanks for your input Mark,
                Some people may think that agonizing over a guitar color may be trivial, but it's really important to me. BIG bucks being spent and all. I checked out the photos you mentioned and the trans red really does look soooo cool.

Looks like I'll be ordering the Trans Red SL2H!
                Let us know how you like the color when you get your KE2. (and post pics!)

Comment

Here's a group shot if it helps you compare. The flame looks best on green but it may not be your favorite color. Again, the red has very nice flame but it just isn't photogenic.

Comment

Working...
                  X