Accidentally won this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally won this!

I threw (what I thought was) a low ball bid on this and acidentally won it. Either I just sent $900 to a scammer or I might have just got (what I think is) a good deal.

What do you guys think?

I know its a an early UO series production guitar (1990), and that's about it. Can any of you guys tell me more about this model? I have seen the design on soloists and really like it, but never a Rhoads before.

I have an 89 RR**** series Rhoads and I suspect that this will be almost identical in setup, which is nice since I like playing that one.

I do hope I haven't just been scammed, it'll be a pain trying to get the money back from Paypal.

Cool finish. Definitely pretty unique. I hope it works out for you.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Doesn't look like a scam, high positive feedback count.

Looks like you got an Art Deco RR on the cheap. Probably not the more popular paint job for an RR...

Comment

I don't think you got scammed. Seller has almost 5000 positive feedback. The graphic is not for everyone, so I'm sure that kept some people away from it. That's a nice price for that guitar, plus the Jackson badged case as well. Congrats!!

Comment

Not a fan of the finish but I don't hate it, and for that price, wow! I think you got a great deal there, esp. if you like the finish. Good score!

Comment

Seems to be on the "up and up". That top fin was sharpied, but that was disclosed. I like the Art Decos, but I also like Nagels, Clown Vomit, Big Mouths, ya know....anything with extra "cheeze".

Comment

I had my eye on that and forgot to bid!

Comment

It's a scam! At this point, it's best to just forget the cash you lost and move on. To help, you can ship it to me so it doesn't remind you of your loss.

Ok, reality check....cool finish! I don't care much for Rhodes, but thats pretty sweet. Congrats!
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

To clarify, it's not a UO serial, it's a U serial. That's a zero, not the letter O.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Looks good to me. Sometimes I feel like the only guy in the world that quite likes that finish
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nice score. I like any graphic - gives the guitar more character!!!

Comment

Hmm, I actually like it. Which is suprising to me because I'm not big on art deco. Nice score.
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I might get some nightmares from that finish but nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            To clarify, it's not a UO serial, it's a U serial. That's a zero, not the letter O.
                            Yeah I know, it was a typo, meant to put U0 not UO (0 to signify it as an early U series and not 1 or 2 or however many thousands they have made now).

Thanks for the comments, I look forward to getting it.

I have always liked this design, and always liked RR's. I just never thought this design was put on the RR hence I had been looking for a soloist with it on.

I say 'by accident' because I was really looking for a Randall RM100, when a deal locally fell through on one (not the one that was for sale on here) I saw this and chucked in a cheap bid just incase. Glad I did now! Figured I'd never win it.

But I really don't know much about this design, can anyone here enlighten me on the artist, the name of the design, numbers of guitars made with it etc?

Comment

It's called Deco Dream, and it's one of the most hideous finishes I've ever seen

I think Dan Lawrence painted the original, but Jackson had in-house and other low-contract artists that would duplicate the original works for less money, and sometimes with a bit less detail to shorten the turn-around time.

As for the U0, U1, etc, they're still in the U1s now, so it'll be a few more years before they hit U2.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X