My brand new Cadillac - SD Telly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brand new Cadillac - SD Telly

irst of all huge thanks to Val (Zebutcher) in both finding this guitar and helping to make a deal for it! Your efforts are highly appreciated and will be remembered.

When I first saw this guitar I didn't think much of it but somehow I was drawn back to check the pics again and again and again and again. Something started to feel so right about it that I had to get it. The minute I opened the case and strummed the damn thing I knew my gut feeling was right. This is one of those rare monsters that make your body resonate when doing an open G chord.

While waiting for the guitar I went through a bad flu and needed some entertainment while resting on the sofa. So I decided to give 3d modelling a try - just to learn something new. Inspired by this guitars looks I modelled a 1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVille. Not the best of jobs but hey I'm a beginner at this...

Anyway here she finally is after some delays with the always so lovely Finnish PO. 1986 Jackson Custom San Dimas Telly - J1652. All original apart from a replaced tone pot. Huge acoustic sound but the pickups don't sound good at all for some reason. J50B and J100 pair. Sea Foam Green color with matching headstock. Binding over frets.

This guitar was really dirty when I got it. One of those that look like some blues player who plays a gig every night had owned it. Also lots of fretwear. I spent 3-4 hours taking the guitar apart and cleaning each spot. It's like a new guitar now. Just needs a good fret levelling and some pickup changes or connection fixing. Bought from the original owner.

My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Thats awsome..like the color and binding

Comment

Great-looking guitar, jani. Congrats on the score! Does that make it two Tellys for you now?

Comment

Very cool Jani! You sure know how to pick 'em don't you?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wow - that is stunning. Excellent. I've got a soft spot for neck through pointy tele's. I don't know why.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Cool guitar. In my experience with Jackson neck through Tele's, they are mostly tone dogs. I just couldn't get a good sound from them. I owned (Bret's) old pink snakeskin and couldn't bond with it. I tried Duncans, EMG, Dimarzio, Lawrence, and Jackson. Nothing worked.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

thats one beautiful peice of wood

Comment

I almost won one of those in black on e-gay.
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

nice score . i like the colour

Comment

Nice guitar Jani! I really like the colour. It's a weird colour but it suits that guitar for some reason. I wish Jackson would still make neckthrough Teles.
                    "Dear Dr. Bill,
                    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

sweet git, tho i dont think u own a guitar i dont like.

Comment

Sweet!
                        www.godwentpunk.com
                        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I can see how that would grow on you. Another great grab, Jani
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Very cool I have a 1987 in White with a JT-6 , HSS and the Jackson mid boost . The more I look at the pictures the more I am digging the color.
                            Mike
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

love it...bad ass Jani..congrats
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X