NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
    (Huge??)Yup, from less than 2 feet away, but you left out the quoting about the matching headstock...................
    Let me put it this way; You can easilly see the difference from 30 feet away, especially under stage lights. I'm starting to wonder if you've even seen real MOP next to MOTO.

Secondly, I left out the bit about matching headstock, because I wasn't commenting on that.

Comment

• Everyone is talking about binding in terms of looks. Personally, I like the FEEL of a bound board. That's why I want the binding.

As far as the inlays go, MOP looks great but I'm guessing since this is an import that it will have MOTO.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

• Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
        Everyone is talking about binding in terms of looks. Personally, I like the FEEL of a bound board. That's why I want the binding.

As far as the inlays go, MOP looks great but I'm guessing since this is an import that it will have MOTO.
        Ebony with binding and mop inlays is something we'll never see again on imports I guess
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

• Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
          Ebony with binding and mop inlays is something we'll never see again on imports I guess
          At least the SLSMG comes close.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
            At least the SLSMG comes close.
            Don't forget the Kevin Bond RR .

Comment

• I don't know why peple can't accept that this was half stepped by leaving off the binding. In my book it is a total swing and a miss. I do not need those extra 2 frets bad enough to waste the money that I can get a used USA for.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                I don't know why peple can't accept that this was half stepped by leaving off the binding. In my book it is a total swing and a miss. I do not need those extra 2 frets bad enough to waste the money that I can get a used USA for.
                I'm with ya all the way Scott. I'd rather have a used USA Rhoads anyday.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                  Let me put it this way; You can easilly see the difference from 30 feet away, especially under stage lights. I'm starting to wonder if you've even seen real MOP next to MOTO.

Secondly, I left out the bit about matching headstock, because I wasn't commenting on that.

Well I guess I need glass's then to tell the difference from MOP/MOTO 30 feet away If your songs are good, thats what I should be paying attention too, not what your neck inlays are made out of :ROTF: What I can tell (again,from less than 2 feet away) is a MATCHING headstock! Look, I,m just saying "ME"/"I" dont give a shit about MOP to MOTO or binding! Jackson should've took the money they saved on those two items and put a neck pup or a matching headstock! geesh................
                  "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

• You can't please everyone, obviously. One thing is certain: these will sell.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

• I agree
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• How long you think it would take to get one of these from Matt?

I know he has to order them but I've never ordered an import before. I'm guessing it's a 2 to 3 week wait time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                          Everyone is talking about binding in terms of looks. Personally, I like the FEEL of a bound board. That's why I want the binding.

I was thinking this earlier today. Since I bought my RR1 most my guitars I have spent a lot of time with other than my KH-2 have binding. It feels funny now to play a guitar without it.
                          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

• Originally posted by z1n View Post
                            How long you think it would take to get one of these from Matt?

I know he has to order them but I've never ordered an import before. I'm guessing it's a 2 to 3 week wait time.
                            yes im wondering this too...especially since im planning on selling 2 of my 3 guitars to help fund this beast and i dont want to go very long with just one of my guitars I assume we will be waiting until after NAMM of course, but how long after that?

Comment

• I like it, and honestly prefer the look w/o binding (usually I much prefer bound necks for both playability and looks).... For me it will probably come down to exactly how the neck profile feels

Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
                              I just realized that the ESP Laiho is cheaper... any chance of lowering the price for a slight edge on the competition?
                              No, the Cheapo Korean LTD Laiho is cheaper, the ESP costs about twice as much

Comment

• I have owned a few Rhoads models and could never get with the shape, basically the way I had to keep the headstock high when playing it, but this is a great thing Jackson is doing. That been said, I also love cream binding on the neck and headstock, some for the look, but alot has to do with the smooth feel and it covers the fret tangs. I have a custom made Soloist with black binding on an ebony fingerboard and had nothing to do with the look and everything to do with the feel.This new Rhoads could use cream neck and headstock binding IMHO. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X