NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
    No, the Cheapo Korean LTD Laiho is cheaper, the ESP costs about twice as much
    I corrected myself a few entries ago
    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
    Dimebag Darrell
    Chuck Schuldiner
    Cliff Burton

Comment

• Originally posted by z1n View Post
      How long you think it would take to get one of these from Matt?

I know he has to order them but I've never ordered an import before. I'm guessing it's a 2 to 3 week wait time.
      It depends on when Jackson gets them done & shipped to the U.S.
      In 2001 I ordered my DXMG. The sales guy @ the music store said Jackson told him 30-60 days. I checked back @ the end of February & about every week of March. At the end of March he offered to call Jackson & get a new ETA. He was told end of April/beginning of May. Finally arrived end of June.

But I was happy with the guitar. I still love it, upgraded to active EMGs & an Original Floyd now.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• At this point is the binding/no binding & MOTO or MOP speculation, or has there been verified confirmation? I appologize if I missed it in this thread.
        I ask because if I remember correctly. Last year the RR3 was being reported to have binding, & then turned out to not have binding.

As far as I'm concerned I think it is a great thing that Jackson listened & a rear routed 24 fret Rhoads will come true. But I do think it needs to have binding. It finishes the look. IMO a Rhoads doesn't look right w/out binding. I also think that when the guitar is going to cost $800-$1200 all the perks should be there.

Outside of the binding issue, I only see one modification I would make to the guitar. I would probably change out the 81 for an 85 or 89. Most likely an 85 as I don't see this guitar being a single coil tone METAL machine.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• They Kill!
          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
            At this point is the binding/no binding.......or has there been verified confirmation? I appologize if I missed it in this thread.
            Ditto. If the KBRR got binding, why not this one?

Comment

• That's good to hear, Brian!

I guess we'll just have to wait until it is revealed at NAMM to know for certain.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                That's good to hear, Brian!

I guess we'll just have to wait until it is revealed at NAMM to know for certain.
                No... that would kill us all, NAMM is still a few days away. The pressure, the agaony, life can not go on for that long w/out a definitive answer. Oh the horror of it all.

to those wondering the preceeding message was an attempt @ humor. if it failed please disregard post & go back to your regularly scheduled reading (hopefully unscarred).

Comment

• Originally posted by McD View Post
                  They Kill!
                  I still want one... maybe towards the end of the year. I just put money down on an Old School Burst MM1.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• I bet they have black binding to match the black body.

Comment

I bet they have black binding to match the black body.
                      Doesn't a jet black fretboard match enough, or what?

Comment

• I think I want a snow white one with black bevels.
                        I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtma View Post
                          Doesn't a jet black fretboard match enough, or what?
                          I think so but white binding would kinda stick out on these beasts

Comment

• Man it looks like one of the RR24's IS white with black bevels with a white headstock! AND it has black binding! Sweet!
                            Last edited by z1n; 01-18-2007, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Man it looks like one of the RR24's IS white with black bevels with a white headstock! AND it has black binding! Sweet!
                              oh man....im so happy its this way instead of black w/ white. ill be buying one. theres just no other choice

Comment

• I don't see any binding

Comment

Working...
                                X