No announcement yet.

NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No MOP = deal breaker. Especially for the price.

Why does Jackson ALWAYS do this? They have a GREAT idea and a GREAT product... and they go and fuck it up with cheap plastic inlays. Same with the special Archtop run that we discussed and helped another member get one a few weeks ago. BEAUTIFUL guitar... archtop, EMG's, OFR, flame top, binding... then they go and throw MOTO shit on it. A $1000+ guitar should NOT have 15 cent plastic inlays.

The one hum I can totally live with... a router and a template is an easy fix. The black binding I can live with... pointless on an ebony board, but its not very hard to rebind a neck anyway.

Oh well... Maybe theyll get it right... someday. I know alot of people are saying "well this is what you all asked for and now youre bitching about it!". We arent bitching about the guitar, were bitching about paying $1000+ for a guitar with 15 cent inlays. We dont mind paying $1000+... just atleast give us our moneys worth!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      No MOP = deal breaker. Especially for the price.

Why does Jackson ALWAYS do this? They have a GREAT idea and a GREAT product... and they go and fuck it up with cheap plastic inlays. Same with the special Archtop run that we discussed and helped another member get one a few weeks ago. BEAUTIFUL guitar... archtop, EMG's, OFR, flame top, binding... then they go and throw MOTO shit on it. A $1000+ guitar should NOT have 15 cent plastic inlays.

The one hum I can totally live with... a router and a template is an easy fix. The black binding I can live with... pointless on an ebony board, but its not very hard to rebind a neck anyway.

Oh well... Maybe theyll get it right... someday. I know alot of people are saying "well this is what you all asked for and now youre bitching about it!". We arent bitching about the guitar, were bitching about paying $1000+ for a guitar with 15 cent inlays. We dont mind paying $1000+... just atleast give us our moneys worth!
      Spot On man The plastic inlays would be a deal breaker for me even if it was a Soloist, etc. Put the real MOP inlays in there for Gods sake!! Jack.

Comment

• Even though I hate the look of MOTO, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. But I would have preferred either rosewood + real MOP, or maple + black plastic.

Comment

• Jackson (and every other company in the world) thinks like this:

"If we sell an import RR witch has binding and MOP inlays. This will take sales from our USA Select series. If we offer just about almost everything that our customers want, they will be forced to buy the more expensier USA Select series guitars thus giving us more money"

I guess like 80% of the CS orders of RR's are 24 fretters with MOP inlays and binding, so it's pretty obvius that they would lose sales if there was an alternative that cost $3000 less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurtma View Post
            I guess like 80% of the CS orders of RR's are 24 fretters with MOP inlays and binding, so it's pretty obvius that they would lose sales if there was an alternative that cost $3000 less.
            Well on the same token, how many people who are considering buying a $1000 guitar, are going to buy a $3000 guitar because it has better inlays? They arent... theyre going to go with another manufacturer.

So yes, while giving it MOP might slightly take away from USA Custom sales, giving it junk inlays is only going to lose them MANY $1000 sales, vs only a few $3000 sales that "might" have taken place.

Not a smart business move by any means, but I cant say Jackson is the only company to do it. Virtually every company now a days makes stupid decisions to cut costs. What they dont realize is, if they made .5% less of a profit per guitar, but sold 10% MORE, they would be MUCH better off, while profit may stay the same, theyre getting more product out there, which equates to more customers and free advertising.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Meh, you know what, guys? Even if it had everything you talk about in this thread, you whining grandmas would still be bitchin' about something!

Like Jack :ROTF:
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Is it possible to replace the inlays with MOP?

Comment

• Anything's possible...
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Meh, you know what, guys? Even if it had everything you talk about in this thread, you whining grandmas would still be bitchin' about something!

Like Jack :ROTF:
                    Exactly! I want a KING V!!! :ROTF::ROTF:
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Originally posted by Death View Post
                      Is it possible to replace the inlays with MOP?

You gotta be kidding right?? If your going to go through the trouble of replacing the MOTO on this guitar, your better-off just buying a RR1. I can't believe the love for inlay material on this board to justify buying a guitar????? I can see the arguement for a real OFR or real Duncans or neck-through BUT inlays.........
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

• I wish they would have just done a blank board instead of MOTO inlays.

Comment

• They totally should have made them glow in the dark.
                          |My CSG gallery|
                          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

• My thoughts exactly. I mean, I would like to have something unique, but it's not going to change the way a guitar plays, so why bother?
                            My Main Rig:
                            '87 Charvel Model 4A
                            Peavey KB100 amp
                            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
                              I can see the arguement for a real OFR or real Duncans or neck-through BUT inlays.........
                              An argument for a certain type of pickup is pretty weak IMO, because you can easilly replace pickups and trems yourself. Inlay changes would mean woodworking, and require a lot more knowledge, skills, and specialized tools.

Originally posted by Death
                              Is it possible to replace the inlays with MOP?
                              I agree with triple-7 that it would be easier and more cost efficient to just get a guitar that has MOP already. I've looked into the inlaying process a little. It involves a fair bit of supergluing, filing and sanding - processes who could potentially ruin the look of the neck if not done properly. I also think that someone "redoing" all inlays on a neck, would want to pull all the frets in order to do it well. This would add refretting, fret levelling and crowning to the cost. It would probably be just as "cheap" to pull the entire fretboard off and put a new one on there.

As for alternatives; The RR-1 is out, since it only has 22 frets. One that doesn't, is this:

Jackson Stars RR-J2SP.
                              Built in the same factory, it's basically the same guitar as the RR24...but with MOP inlays, Schaller trem, other paint options, and a little different logo on the headstock. It also costs more, but in the face of redoing the whole fretboard, it would make a better option IMO.

Comment

• I will be contacting you in Feb as soon as my income tax check gets in. This is almost exactly what i was going to order from the custom shop, although I would have skipped the painted bevils and had pin stripes. Anyway, thank you for sharing the pic, and hopefully I'll be speaking with you very soon.
                                -Jerry
                                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                                X