No announcement yet.

NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This discussion about why MOTO and not MOP is so boring...

I woulde be happy with a RR-3 that would have 24 frets...
    At least it got binding and bevel finish...
    So I`m happy..
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• Originally posted by Special-K View Post
      This discussion about why MOTO and not MOP is so boring...

I woulde be happy with a RR-3 that would have 24 frets...
      At least it got binding and bevel finish...
      So I`m happy..
      We'll see about that once you get a guitar with real MOP inlays . You get spoiled and then there's no turning back...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        We'll see about that once you get a guitar with real MOP inlays . You get spoiled and then there's no turning back...
        I had more than one guitar with MOP in my hands..
        And MOTO is fine with me...
        I`m just happy it got 24frets
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• well MOTO vs MOP is pointless to me if it doesnt affect sound i dont care lol the inlays could be painted on with white-out i dont care!

Comment

• Of course I would love MOTO...
            But I rather have a 24fret MOTO guitar than a 22fret MOP guitar...
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
              well MOTO vs MOP is pointless to me if it doesnt affect sound i dont care lol the inlays could be painted on with white-out i dont care!
              White out!!!! LOL That's as good as Ibanez's paper inlays!
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

well MOTO vs MOP is pointless to me if it doesnt affect sound i dont care lol the inlays could be painted on with white-out i dont care!
                Same here.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• well I have the moto & I have the mop, & I'll take mop over that cheesy plastic trash any day.. I mean are they really tossing that shit on the 24??

see how that moto looks under stage lights compared to mop & it might matter to ya...
                  “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
                    well I have the moto & I have the mop, & I'll take mop over that cheesy plastic trash any day.. I mean are they really tossing that shit on the 24??

see how that moto looks under stage lights compared to mop & it might matter to ya...
                    When I finally get a band together and start playing out I'll get back to you on that 'till then I don't think the lighting in my room will affect my perspective on inlays very much :ROTF:
                    Last edited by slayer32390; 02-03-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• I tried to take some Pics of the King V w/ MOP & the DXMG w/ MOTO. to compare. Lets just say my picture taking skills suck.

What I did notice in side by side comparison, is that the MOP has more dramatic color definition (@ various angles of light). It also had a metallic (maybe pearlesque is better term) sheen to it, which the MOTO can not replicate.

I can deal/live with the MOTO.
                      But I still think for the price it should have MOP inlays. Also I imagine the increase in price would be small.

Anybody have a guess as to what the price increase would be if MOP was used for the inlays instead of MOTO.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
                        Anybody have a guess as to what the price increase would be if MOP was used for the inlays instead of MOTO.
                        .002?

I agree that expensive guitars like that should have MOP inlays. Alexi's LTD sig in the same price range has MOP inlays. So do rest of the LTDs...
                        Last edited by Nazgul; 02-03-2007, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                          .002?
                          Wow that much. That might break the bank.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• so this will be made in japan?

Comment

• Originally posted by hksb_alex View Post
                              so this will be made in japan?
                              Yup, thats where Jackson makes all of their imports.

Comment

Yup, thats where Jackson makes all of their imports.
                                Well, not all...the low end stuff (JS series) is made in India.
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X