NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
    If you can't find an RR1 under $1,000 used, you're not looking hard enough.
    I always wanted to use that smiley

Comment

heh ... yeah ... just look at item 330085284172 on eBay ... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Sukisyn View Post
        heh ... yeah ... just look at item 330085284172 on eBay ... lol
        LOL That guy's an idiot, because it's an import RX10D.

He just changed his auction to the right model number. Someone must have tipped him off.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• If the MOTO inlays don't bother you, then it's clear that you have a very small peepee. Real men require MOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chad View Post
            If the MOTO inlays don't bother you, then it's clear that you have a very small peepee. Real men require MOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
              No, no we dont. If we had enough money for a USA, do you really think we would be bitching about a $1000+ import with toilet seat inlays? Why would we even care if that was the case?
              BECAUSE IT HAS 24 FRETS!!!!!
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Than I must be not looking hard enough to find a RR1 under a grand! (unless it's a piece of shit) but that's EXACTLY why I won't buy a new RR1 because you'll lose a $1000 just to sell it. They just don't seem to hold their value in the used market. (unless it's something special)
                "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

• Basically any guitar except vintage/collectable doesn't hold it's value
                  Because I don't say it
                  Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

• Originally posted by 777 View Post
                    Than I must be not looking hard enough to find a RR1 under a grand! (unless it's a piece of shit) but that's EXACTLY why I won't buy a new RR1 because you'll lose a $1000 just to sell it. They just don't seem to hold their value in the used market. (unless it's something special)
                    There are at least two on ebay right now!
                    I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

• 75% of you who say "if it had this or didn't have that I'd buy it" are full of shit. You probably wouldn't even buy it if it was because you'd find some other girly reason why it doesn't meet your needs.

Fucking ungrateful whining little bitches.... the lot of you.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• :ROTF:

That's just what I was trying to say about a dozen pages ago AND you said it in about 3 paragraphs less than me
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

• 75% of you who say "if it had this or didn't have that I'd buy it" are full of shit. You probably wouldn't even buy it if it was because you'd find some other girly reason why it doesn't meet your needs.

Fucking ungrateful whining little bitches....
                          :ROTF:

OK I'm better now.
                          And if it only had Mahogany wings & neck then I'ld get it, & Budman Pink pickup bezels.
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Since the whole MOP vs. MOTO inlays "discussion" seemed to get a bit out of hand in this thread, I decided to do some checking around. I can tell you in one word the difference between the two: COST. We're not talking small change either, we're talking a 10:1 cost difference, for the materials alone. Also, MOP is harder to work with than plastic, more brittle, harder to cut, easier to break and just generally more difficult to work with. Labor costs for cutting, shaping and inlaying MOP will be higher due to all this.

FYI, the materials cost alone for a 10 piece set of Jackson style sharkfin inlays is 8 euros for plastic and 79 euros for real MOP from a local instrument parts supplier. For you guys in the states that's approximately $10 and $100 respectively.

As for me, MOP is nice to have, but it's certainly not a deal-breaker. And I like bound necks, both for their appearance and feel.
                            My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

• when are these supposed to hit stores? i cant wait any longer

Comment

• How about reading posts 25, 271, 304, and 305?

and then waiting some more?
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X