NEWS FLASH: 24 Fret RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    How about reading posts 25, 271, 304, and 305?

and then waiting some more?

Good one Ron
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

• Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      How about reading posts 25, 271, 304, and 305?

and then waiting some more?
      i would have done that but its way too much work for me so thanks for searching that for me Ron

Comment

• No prob, slob!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• yup, thats me

Comment

• That's us the JCF lazy, cotton picken slobs, who need others to do our searches for us.

Ruffly $100 difference. So in all likelyhood, MOP could be used & still sell for the same price, possibly $100 more. I'ld pay that.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
              That's us the JCF lazy, cotton picken slobs, who need others to do our searches for us.

Ruffly $100 difference. So in all likelyhood, MOP could be used & still sell for the same price, possibly $100 more. I'ld pay that.

And right there you just pushed the MAP up to $1325. Doesn't sound so good now for an import does it?
              My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
                That's us the JCF lazy, cotton picken slobs, who need others to do our searches for us.

I think he said the $100 was for the MOP alone. Not including labor...

Comment

• 100 bucks one set of MOP sharkfin inlays?
                  Oh please.....the inlays are probably made in China for about 10 cents a set.:ROTF:

Can anyone confirm who makes the standard sharkfin inlay sets for the USA models? I am wondering if the ones used on the Selects are made in the USA.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

• ugh....this took too long to get out, and i gave in. i bought an ltd laiho a week and a bit ago, but only cause it was marked down to $500 new. im thinking when the RR24 does hit stores, i can compare em and if i like it better, sell the laiho for a profit to finance the jackson.

i think my love of these guitars is hilarious considering i dont like children of bodom whatsoever. i must look like some kinda fanboy. bah.

Comment

• Yeah, $100 for MOP inlays.....give me a break. Even if that were true, we'd be looking at a $60 to $65 street price increase. I'd reckon it'd be worth that for a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by z1n View Post
                        I think he said the $100 was for the MOP alone. Not including labor...

You are correct, sir! Guys, I'm just trying to give you an idea of the extra cost that real MOP adds to a guitar compared to plastic. A lot of people were bitching about the RR24 having plastic inlays and not real MOP. As you can see, going to real MOP will add something like 10% to the estimated street price of this guitar. Also, please note I have no idea what the MOP or plastic inlays cost over in the states. These prices (in $) are converted from euros at the current exchange rate with a weak dollar, from a local music parts supplier. Typically, music gear over here costs more than in the states, although the strong euro sure helps out when buying stuff from the USA.

The whole point is, real MOP is substantially more expensive than plastic inlays. Ten times the cost of plastic.
                        My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

• Hey, you're using LOGIC here! OMG! You know, you shouldn't do that, most people here wouldn't be able to understand that anyways. heh

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                          Yeah, $100 for MOP inlays.....give me a break. Even if that were true, we'd be looking at a $60 to $65 street price increase. I'd reckon it'd be worth that for a lot of people.
                          Ummm... how do you figure that? Hey, it'll cost you $100. Buy it for me, pay for shipping and sell it to me for $50. I'll buy a LOT of stuff from you.

I could use a brand new Framus or Bogner... So get it, I'll give you $2000 and you can send it to me. I love how math works in your world!
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Keep checking those prices broseph, you cant get a BRAND NEW FULL set of MOP inlays, reverse or standard, and many different MOP colors for $48. And thats consumer price... I think Jackson would pay SLIGHTLY less with a huge batch discount... so there goes that argument... Try again!
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              Ummm... how do you figure that? Hey, it'll cost you $100. Buy it for me, pay for shipping and sell it to me for $50. I'll buy a LOT of stuff from you.

I could use a brand new Framus or Bogner... So get it, I'll give you $2000 and you can send it to me. I love how math works in your world!
                              I'd try to respond to that, but I don't really get what you're trying to say. How did saying a $100 list price option would street at $60 to $65 convert into you wanting me to buy a Framus or Bogner amp for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                                Keep checking those prices broseph, you cant get a BRAND NEW FULL set of MOP inlays, reverse or standard, and many different MOP colors for $48.
                                Link?
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X