Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea/rumors on new stuff from Jackson/Charvel this 2008 NAMM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I meant to add more maple boards in my last post. The DK2M guitars have been successful so hopefully they'll add more maples. A maple boarded RR model would kick so much ass.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah the DK2M neck is a good piece. WAY too thin for me, I get cramps way too quick, but they could just stick this into any models and they'll all look good

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
        Yeah, I meant to add more maple boards in my last post. The DK2M guitars have been successful so hopefully they'll add more maples. A maple boarded RR model would kick so much ass.
        Here's my belated Christmas list...............I wish they'd introduce more production models (MIJ) with Ebony fingerboards, real MOP instead of MOTO, and real OFR (not ping).............I also wish they'd bring back the Fusion (short scale strat/dinky) in bolt on and as a neck-thru...............Furthermore, I wish for real maple tops/caps (as opposed to laminated veneer) on some production models...........Lastly, I wish they'd do more FSR (Factory Special Run) models like Fender does

Comment

+1 on the FSR idea. I would love to see some minor variations on the Soloist and Dinky, e.g.:
          1H
          1H/1S
          Non-recessed OFR
          Reverse headstock
          Maple board w/black sharks
          Abalone inlays
          Tie Dye, Red Ghost Flames and Silver Swirl finishes

Comment

OFR on the import Pro serie and a KV pro added to the line.

KEMG, KVMG, RRMG would be cool too as would be KEM, KVM and RRM...

I wounder if they will change something to the JS serie. For the price they can't be beat!

Anyway, we will know more in the coming days... Can't wait!!!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
              Anyway, we will know more in the coming days... Can't wait!!!
              Well......Tomorrow morning to be exact (when NAMM opens)

Comment

Maybe if we are underwhelmed, like I think we might be, we should start the 2009 NAMM thread ASAP and maybe Jackson will see what we are expecting from them, and have a more anticipated NAMM next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                  Maybe if we are underwhelmed, like I think we might be, we should start the 2009 NAMM thread ASAP and maybe Jackson will see what we are expecting from them, and have a more anticipated NAMM next year.
                  I fully agree......I was just thinking what good my wish list is to FMIC management when NAMM opens tomorrow Product development takes time

Comment

Another vote for the reintroduction of 24 3/4 scale guitars. Bring back the Fusion dammit!

Comment

• I love my Charvel M1 guitar. Wish Jackson/Charvel offered a similar guitar sometime in the near future. The DK2M is really close, but I need 1 hum bucker, and original floyd rose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                        Well, it's not like we didn't have these threads already... John Walker even started one himself, called "What would you like to see in the line" or something like that. Got many pages of responses too. Marketing guys like McGregor and Cannella are visiting the board.
                        So if they still don't build what we want, they either have a reason (like they don't expect it to sell well) or just aren't allowed to expand the line with 10 new models, upgrade the existing models with real MOP and binding, snag several high profile endorsees and then sell everything cheaper regardless.

Well, we'll see about the new stuff in about 3 hours.

And I predict that even if they put out some really new and exciting stuff most people still won't be satisfied, and we'll start the wishlist thread right after NAMM.
                        And I will happily join the fun!
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Well said, shadowcat. Does anyone know around when we will start getting pictures of what's at Namm from Jackson...I'm in Canada (a long ways away from Namm!) so I don't even know when everything opens up and the chaos begins

Comment

• At 10 am pacific time Matt will enter the chaos and start uploading pics in realtime to his Flickr account. So the fun starts in about 3 hours...
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                              At 10 am pacific time Matt will enter the chaos and start uploading pics in realtime to his Flickr account. So the fun starts in about 3 hours...
                              I predict a loss of productivity in various areas of North America in about 3 hours... Also, some servers will see their bandwith slowed down by various downloads of guitars and amps pictures...
                              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

• Hahaha I totally agree. I'm my university library right now but i will check after my class!

Comment

Working...
                                X