Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude chill out a bit...

we have all our opinions

I don't know that JCM 800 is the best Marshall head... I know that old Plexis are the best Marshall heads

I don't think that George sucks... I think he is 10 times better than Randy
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
      dude chill out a bit...

we have all our opinions

I don't think that George sucks... I think he is 10 times better than Randy
      In that case George Bush blows GL away on both guitar and looks today, and Gl should of been the guitarists for the backstreet boys if he wanted to advance his playing while keeping his upside down picking method.

Yeah i like the Plexi's too, but by far the JCM800 is Rocks Standard solid amp, take a good look at all the major tours and what they use, i aint saying they are the only amps, just that Zak endorsed nothing new. get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
        In that case George Bush blows GL away on both guitar and looks today, and Gl should of been the guitarists for the backstreet boys if he wanted to advance his playing while keeping his upside down picking method.
        ok, I'm gonna play this game

Randy sucks... I mean what a douche he fucked Sharon... how can anybody fuck Sharon fucking Osbourne... holy shit
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

:ROTF: , Sharon is not attractive, but who knows what GL fucked, was it David Geffen?, he def had a huge male fallowing.

Randy sucks... I mean what a douche he fucked Sharon... how can anybody fuck Sharon fucking Osbourne... holy shit

Comment

point made!!

and geroge does not blow today, i saw his performances at namm this year, and he was playing pretty well, seemed confident, was enjoying himself, and some really good playing. he still has it, so don't knock him. his albums still sold more than randys did i think.

and if randy was so good, how come quiet riot never did better with randy? - never could compete with van halen, only got big with a cover song... but randy played for them, and he's amazing...well clearly not that good if the band could never properly take off...

also has anyone noticed that nearly half the songs and solos on diary of a madman seem to sound almost exactly like those on blizzard of ozz?? some of them are FAR to similar for my liking. i'm sure one of the songs has a solo which is nearly note for note mr crowley, several sound like they should just be revelation (mother earth)

the only 2 really original songs on that album are flying high again and over the mountain IMO
            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-14-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Yeah, the songs "Diary of a Madman", "SATO", and "You Can't Kill Rock and Roll" are so derivative of songs from Blizzard...get a clue!!! Aside from the scratch solo for "Believer" essentially being the same as the Crowley solo (which Randy never got a chance to re-record), name another example please.

And since when did record sales equal talent??? I guess that means Allan Holdsworth, Gary Moore, Uli Roth, Frank Marino, Ronnie Montrose, etc, etc, all suck then.

Spouting off opinions like they're facts is LAME.

Comment

Doug Aldrich shows and plays the new Marshall Randy Rhoads amp at the NAMM 2008 and plays some killer chops. He probably still using his GoldTop with the Sur...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                  Yeah, the songs "Diary of a Madman", "SATO", and "You Can't Kill Rock and Roll" are so derivative of songs from Blizzard...get a clue!!! Aside from the scratch solo for "Believer" essentially being the same as the Crowley solo (which Randy never got a chance to re-record), name another example please.

And since when did record sales equal talent??? I guess that means Allan Holdsworth, Gary Moore, Uli Roth, Frank Marino, Ronnie Montrose, etc, etc, all suck then.

i did say it was my opinion, not fact that i thought diary of a madman was too derivative of blizzard.

i never mentioned record sales....

i was also winding up that gabriel for his comments on george lynch
                  Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-14-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

cheers dude. man what happened to doug? i loved him in lion, but his playing did nothing for me there...

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post

and if randy was so good, how come quiet riot never did better with randy? - never could compete with van halen, only got big with a cover song... but randy played for them, and he's amazing...well clearly not that good if the band could never properly take off...
                      Just a point of interest, didn't Van Halen score big with a cover and do like a whole of album of cover songs early on?
                      Last edited by Larz; 02-14-2008, 10:58 PM.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post

I agree with you there guy., you can not judge other people based on your own assumptions., if you wanted to ask me what i thought about that i would of told you before that talent and sales are far from the same., i had cunts try telling me GL sold more records then Randy, like who cares.

And i also love Allan Holdsworth, Gary Moore, Uli Roth, Frank Marino, Ronnie Montrose,, and i i try suggesting that people interview these guys as well as Pat Matheny about Randy Rhoads for that movie but no one wants to know what Jazz musicians think cuz they do not sell as many records or will sell tickets to the movie.

As for GL and Randy.,

Randy was a hired gun with Ozzy, on the other hand, George Lynch was Dokken's Guitarists, and a good guess would be that if Randy never died he would of been a member of White Snake with Rudy and Tommy (both in Ozzys band once) but this is far from true, if you knew anyone around Randy before he lost his life, the work with Ozzy was a fraction of what he was about to do, sadly today he is gone and can not defend himself., allot of his fans have no idea about that or even want to know that Randy was planning to split Ozzy's band and get back into classical as well as jazz, he was all ready offered sessions in NY.

Also if you pay attention you will notice that GL is a little bit better guitar player today then he was with Dokken, but of course he does not look the same so his fans think he sucks.

There you have it, we can not tell who sells pop and who buys into it can we? But if you want my opinion, GL, Mick Mars, Great White, Robbie Williams (butt ugly singer) the Spice Girls where people who got famous with famous producers behind them, all best to them but it is not my scene., if its yours i do not mean to be offensive but its just not mine.

And for those who think i am a Randy fan your all off guys, i am a musical admirer of Randy's and Rudy's, NOT A FAN., sure the guy was born with more gifts then just playing the guitar, great looks to top them off., but i do not put a shrine in my house like Zak Wilde and pray to Randy, this guy needs to chill not me.
                        Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-25-2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• I rather listen to Motley Crue than booring ozzy records

oh you edited your post.

anyway Mick Mars got famous because of the producers.... that's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard
                          Last edited by Endrik; 02-15-2008, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            I rather listen to Motley Crue than booring ozzy records

oh you edited your post.

anyway Mick Mars got famous because of the producers.... that's one of the weirdest things I've ever heard
                            The 80s are over man, ozzy or Motley crue, shit i have not head either for over 20 years now., whats funny is how George Lynch has not improved one bit., and now there is a Winger re union as well, :ROTF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS0ju2UdSqI
                            Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-19-2008, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• dude, may I ask where did you get the info about the "jazz session thing"... this is the first time I hear it and it's kind of interesting because I don't hear any jazz in Randy's playing and writing and never heard he played or practiced it. He didn't "swing" so it's kinda hard to belive it. I would belive if you talk about EVH whos half the style comes from jazz and is one of the most loved rock musician among the jazz folks.

btw. I don't think it really matters if you find Robbie Williams to be ugly... the girls seem to love him

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                                dude, may I ask where did you get the info about the "jazz session thing"... this is the first time I hear it and it's kind of interesting because I don't hear any jazz in Randy's playing and writing and never heard he played or practiced it. He didn't "swing" so it's kinda hard to belive it. I would belive if you talk about EVH whos half the style comes from jazz and is one of the most loved rock musician among the jazz folks.

btw. I don't think it really matters if you find Robbie Williams to be ugly... the girls seem to love him
                                Well i am not sure i fell for the Beatles strategy here, at least they where better looking , works like this, you hire a couple of models for $1000 a hour to scream in a shoot for the music video for the ugliest guy in the band, and every naive young wanna be model watching the video will wonder why and fall for it too , you can hear them asking each other what is it about this guy that these good looking girls like, they have no idea about who paid who to do what, come on man, i have to explain that to you ? on top of this i just realized your one falling for the girls who fell for the models, funny thing is its like when you hear "free drinks all night for girls", same deal to get guys..

As for randy rhoads , yeah he wanted to get the hell out of Ozzy's band really bad, i think the best you can do is read it in Rudy's book "off the rails", since you don't know me or can realize what i am saying., Rudy was the closest person to randy before he died and pretty much put allot of what he witnessed that happen with Randy in hat book, there are allot of things i remind you that Rudy was not aware about, Ozzy kept meetings with Randy a higher priority in the band, so they had there little get together where the rest of the band would await decisions., but for sure, Randy and Ozzy refused to speak and Randy started to despise heavy metal and the way some of Ozzy's fans star suckered on his side un fairly while Ozzy allowed his future wife and her dad a mafia con to manipulate everything.

TO be blunt, Ozzy and Sharon's contracts with Randy should be shared with the world if they want peace with his family, friends and fans, they basically OWNED HIM, his name and future in heavy metal. , no surprise why he was inspired to return to classical music when he met Don Airy (who played with Blackmore), Ritchie used to also play classical as a hobble outdei the band after shows or at home.
                                Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 02-25-2008, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X