X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yea, Bill is the king of eating ass. Even mentioned on here yesterday
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The neck pickup was pretty far away from the strings so I raised it seems to have some more volume to it now...
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Your single coils need to have a separate volume than the EMG active. The EMG takes a 25K pot and the singles should be on a 250K pot. You cannot use the same pot for both active and passive pickups, but you CAN run both active and passive pickups if each type has it's own control.

I did this in a HSS Washburn I used to have and it worked great. I removed the tone pot and put the 25K pot for the EMG in it's place, and put a 250K (you could use a 500K too, you'll get different results) in the forward volume spot (it only had 2 knobs)
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Where can you buy pots for Jacksons?

I bought some from MF but they will not fit through the hole on the body... I am also thinking about scraping the EMG for a passive... what would be a good Metal Hum for my Basswood Pro?
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
            Where can you buy pots for Jacksons?

I bought some from MF but they will not fit through the hole on the body... I am also thinking about scraping the EMG for a passive... what would be a good Metal Hum for my Basswood Pro?
            That's probably because it has cheapo import pots - try the Alpha pots from Stew Mac. They'll fit in the cheapo import holes.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
              The neck pickup was pretty far away from the strings so I raised it seems to have some more volume to it now...
              Great idea you cheapo import buyer

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                That's probably because it has cheapo import pots - try the Alpha pots from Stew Mac. They'll fit in the cheapo import holes.
                Yeah sorry my import is so cheap...

Thanks for the info!
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

You can either order pots with a smaller diameter shaft, or enlarge the hole in the guitar.
                  If you enlarge the hole, put some masking tape over the hole and drill from the top of the guitar so you won't chip off the clear coat and/or paint.
                  My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Use a reamer or file. Just as quick, and no worry of paint chipping.
                    Models
                    The prudes may snub them, but I don't care.
                    I dont need furniture.
                    If its tough, shreds, and screams, Its all good.
                    If it gets jacked, I'll get another one.
                    And rock that sucker.

Comment

Working...
                    X