No announcement yet.

Okay, here it comes: Jackson sl1 90' -intonation etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the high b and e strings were slipping at the nut versus the trem. Sometimes the locking nut gets worn and doesn't clamp the strings properly. Glad to hear everything got straightened out.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

And don't throw it into a wall!!
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Glad you found a skilled repair guy.
        You wouldn't believe how much work I get from the local shops around here that screw up guitars.
        I went in a local shop and they grabbed me at the door Oh shit I'm glad you stopped in we have 3 Charvels that need a set up will you hang around and do them?Our repair guy is off this week.
        I said yeah I'll bail you out but you better pay me $50.00 a piece.Knocked them out in 30 min and got my cash.
        Last edited by straycat; 07-20-2011, 01:35 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Do you know how much the shop was charging the customers for a setup? I went into a local store a few weeks ago and they told me $40, or $60 for a Floyd Rose. The guy pointed me to an Ibanez for sale that he'd just set up. It fretted out on the top E as soon as I started bending it. So I'll be looking elsewhere. $300 sounds like a lot, though.
          My other signature says something funny

Comment

Everything that involves somebody doing something is expensive here. Our minimum wages are insanely high. Hardly anybody has a gardener or a cleaning lady here, and there aren't any illegal immigrants around for doing stuff for $5 an hour

Comment

Working...
            X