Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind (size) of bridge is on a Jackson Sl2ht (limited run)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind (size) of bridge is on a Jackson Sl2ht (limited run)??

Hi all!

I have a question for you Jackson experts! Could you tell me what kind/size of bridge is on the Jackson SL2ht (fixed bridge) model? I have a limited run chlorine burst with gold hardware that I want to install the Ghost piezo system on. Graphtech sells replacement bridges but they have 4mm and 6mm ones and I'm not sure which would be a direct replacement.

Graph Tech is the worlds largest nut and saddle manufacturer. The makers of Tusq, String Saver Saddles, Ratio Tuners, and many other high quality Guitar Upgrade Parts and accessories. We have everything you need to upgrade your guitar, bass, ukulele, mandolin and many other stringed instruments!

I really don't trust the old ruler I found in the basement haha, and I couldnt find anything on the Jackson website....so I have come here hoping some of you folks would know.

Thanks so much!!

I'm going by memory here, but I think it is a Gotoh JT390. I think the size refers to the post sizes. I believe the 6mm posts are the ones with the screwdriver slot for easy height adjustment, and the 4mm posts are the smaller non-slotted type.

I've got the same chlorine limited that you do, and it has the 6mm slotted posts. I have a Les Paul that has the 4mm posts with no screw slot.

Comment

The correct bridge for your SL2HT is the 6mm option. With a gold finish and ghost saddles you need the PN-8863-G0. Here is a link

Graph Tech is the worlds largest nut and saddle manufacturer. The makers of Tusq, String Saver Saddles, Ratio Tuners, and many other high quality Guitar Upgrade Parts and accessories. We have everything you need to upgrade your guitar, bass, ukulele, mandolin and many other stringed instruments!

Comment

Just curious. Which SL2ht limited run are you guys talking about? Can someone post a picture?

Comment

I assume it is the same run as the OP, but I could be wrong. From what I was told in 2004 they did a limited edition run of chlorine hardtail soloists, 10 with painted necks & 12 with oiled necks. They are numbered individually. I have #4/10 of the painted neck run. They are string through hardtail, EMG 81/85, gold hardware, and chlorine flame maple top.
          PICT0866.jpg

PICT0867.jpg

Comment

Sweet! Very classy looking. Was the run started here on the JCF or was it Guitar Express perhaps? I'm a bit foggy with the details.

Comment

Working...
            X