No announcement yet.

J50BC Pickup Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I was told that any guitar with active pickups usually use a stereo jack... but not that I think about it... there was a wire coming off the jack that had shielding around it; that probably should have went where the negative lead was placed; on that volume pot lug. But, the guy says it won't drain that fast. Might be a modification I can do later.

Comment

It'll drain fast enough to piss you off.

I was going to ask if you had left the power lead off if you had the mono jack since that would end up with a non-functional active circuit. I am not sure with the JE-1000 if that means there is just no boost or if the whole thing shuts down.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong29 View Post
        Sounds just like the new Alexi EMG... EXACTLY like it
        Dang too bad, and after all that work

I second using the stereo jack. When your guitar is unplugged, it's like you pulled the battery out of the guitar. No connection. I'm pretty sure without this, the amp is always working, just like it would still be working if you were mutting the strings but not playing. Your battery life might be very short.

Comment

Yeah stereo jack all the way. Also, alexi wanted his EMG set to be as close to his j50bc/je1000 as possible. I doubt it sounds EXACTLY the same though. Maybe through mountains of gain or a solid state lol

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
            Yeah stereo jack all the way. Also, alexi wanted his EMG set to be as close to his j50bc/je1000 as possible. I doubt it sounds EXACTLY the same though. Maybe through mountains of gain or a solid state lol
            No, it sounds the same; even reacts the same. I had the EMG ALX in my first rr24, and there is no mistaking it. But ya, I need to invest in a stereo jack now, OR, but the shielded wire in the right spot, because my jack right now has three wires (that I can recall) and I just put the shielding in the lug, not the wire in it :/ fail! That will be another days project lol.

Comment

Working...
            X