No announcement yet.

What trem is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, apparently it is. There is very little information about this trem out there that I could find. Most of it doesn't state double locking...

Well I'm in for a treat then!
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, in the top photo it definitely looks like a regular locking trem. In the second one, the shadows and reflections make it look really strange. Thats an interesting fender. Is it an older mij model, or a new one. It has a very charvel look to it.

Comment

It was hard to tell from the first pics but the left side where the pivot stud is looks Gotoh for sure.The saddles looked different in the pics.
        I have one like the pic silar posted and its a good trem I like the push in then screw down arm really nice option.You can set the height of the trem arm to where you like it.
        B.C. Rich used those in the 80's they were Gotohs with the BCR logo.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Yeah, in the top photo it definitely looks like a regular locking trem. In the second one, the shadows and reflections make it look really strange. Thats an interesting fender. Is it an older mij model, or a new one. It has a very charvel look to it.
          Not sure if it's an older or newer one. It is really unique though. Probably a limited run.

MIJ. Jumbo frets. Gotoh tuners. Gotoh trem. One hum. Rear loaded. Side input Jack.

The model is ST-80s Type LA(1H)

I bought it cause I like unique guitars... and a 1 hum jumbo fret double locking trem Fender? You just don't see factory Fenders like this very often.

Last edited by xenophobe; 08-12-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

The saddles look like they're single locking but not like a single locking floyd, more like an Ibanez even. Weird, is this a Japan market only guitar? When I look stuff up on it I think it's all Japanese (I'm no expert). The Gotoh doesn't have the little brass looking things on each saddle, maybe some sort of upgrade as it looks like it's only on the plain string saddles. I'm no expert there either I'm just observing the trem picture posted earlier and comparing it to the guitar. Either way it looks really cool. I love learning stuff here. Thanks for posting xenophobe.
            Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 08-12-2012, 10:32 PM.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

whatever model it is it looks VERY cool...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I like it too.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                  The saddles look like they're single locking but not like a single locking floyd, more like an Ibanez even. Weird, is this a Japan market only guitar? When I look stuff up on it I think it's all Japanese (I'm no expert). The Gotoh doesn't have the little brass looking things on each saddle, maybe some sort of upgrade as it looks like it's only on the plain string saddles. I'm no expert there either I'm just observing the trem picture posted earlier and comparing it to the guitar. Either way it looks really cool. I love learning stuff here. Thanks for posting xenophobe.
                  That's exactly what I thought... I just never really looked at one of these before. I just assumed it was single locking because it has that similar look.

And yeah, it's MIJ. Fender will drop any dealer that sells new MIJ guitars to the US, which is why you only see weird used stuff on the market.

Comment

Fucking great guitar.1 hum maple fretboard and floyd rose (I know its a gotoh ...I've read it)......hope you play some DIO songs with it

Comment

Definitely a Gotoh FR. They look like Ibby trems because Gotoh makes the Edge trems as well. I hear they're a really solid unit. Suhr is starting to offer them instead of the OFR.

Comment

Yep Gotoh. I just bought one for a JS100 and I have to say, its the best trem that i have ever used. Its much like the Ibanez Edge.

Really great bridge!! Enjoy.
                        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                          Yep Gotoh. I just bought one for a JS100 and I have to say, its the best trem that i have ever used. Its much like the Ibanez Edge.

Really great bridge!! Enjoy.
                          Wow, that's good to know. I was buying it thinking it was a single locking unit that I'd have to upgrade. I'm much rather leave something like this stock anyway. Now I'm even more excited. lol

Oh, the model is actually a ST-57 1H I guess. It was made in 2010. I didn't see it on the Fender Japan site, so it's either a discontinued model, a one-off or a limited run guitar.

Comment

Working...
                          X