Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guitar should I put a titanium floyd rose on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm seems nice. Its just my not sure about gotoh vs schaller ya know? you know the Germans always make good stuff. (I hope someone gets that joke.) But in all seriousness im confused with the schaller vs gotoh thing. Wheres the facts the gotoh is better?

Comment

Honest to god i don't think i even need it, if anyone wants to buy it for around half of what i payed ill sell it to them.

Comment

It seems to me that a titanium Floyd would work best on a dull-sounding guitar, as the titanium trem would yield a very bright tone. Combine that with a dark-toned guitar and they should even each other out.

I'd hate to hear one on solid maple.

And I'd be very interested in reading the Gotoh vs Schaller review, Xeno. I was looking at their Floyds a while back for a project (especially the colored ones, like the bronze), but wasn't sure of the quality.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          And I'd be very interested in reading the Gotoh vs Schaller review, Xeno. I was looking at their Floyds a while back for a project (especially the colored ones, like the bronze), but wasn't sure of the quality.
          It's really a very well made, product improved, Floyd. Everything except the intonation method has been improved. The OFR and the Schaller haven't changed in 25+ years. Actually I'm not sure the Schaller is 25 years old yet, but it's really close now. The Gotoh has fixed almost every issue that a Floyd can have. Locking trem posts. Capture screws for the springs so they'll never come out accidentally from a hard bump. The screw in trem is much smoother and more stable... the list goes on and on. I'm waiting on a new black chrome one I ordered from Australia to either change out my Fender or to upgrade my Jackson strathead. I'm getting a full set of matching hardware, so it can go on either.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X