Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Try These Color Coated Guitar Strings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you want colored strings in the first place?
    Dumb idea IMO.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'd probably buy them if the price was the same, they lasted just as long and sounded the same. Of course, that'll never happen so I don't need to wonder about it.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        I'd probably buy them if the price was the same, they lasted just as long and sounded the same. Of course, that'll never happen so I don't need to wonder about it.
        I liked the DRs. They sounded great to me & they looked cool. They lasted longer as well. There was a small difference in tone, but nothing a little tweak on the mids & highs couldn't fix. As Xeno stated a bit over priced. Basically 3x as much as the uncoated EBs I use now. Unfortunately they do not last 3x as long as uncoated. The other negative is the coating does flake off where you pick and at the frets where you bend frequently.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I've tried DR Hi Beams, and they were nice and did last a pretty long time. The only coated strings I've tried were Elixirs, and I liked them a lot. The coating did seem to flake off a tiny bit only where picking on the low string, but it took quite awhile.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Why would you want colored strings in the first place?
            Dumb idea IMO.
            Pretty simple; they just look cool. Nothing all that dumb about it.

I tried my fair share of DRs after reading a lot of praise about them here. They sounded thin, broke way too easily and were more expensive on average. So i went back to the trusty D'Addarios.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Was into the black DR's for a while....until I found better ways to spend my money. IME the black chipped off fairly quickly and that bugged me. Tone OK for awhile, but went flat alot quicker than the Ernie's I normally use.

Mark
              "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Working...
              X