No announcement yet.

Ebony fretboard cleaner advice...looking for alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemon Oil bro-Orange is an inferior instrument-related citrus.

Comment

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
        Lemon Oil bro-Orange is an inferior instrument-related citrus.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Seriously though, cause Orange oil is easy to find here.
          USA Jackson RR1
          Charvel Model 6
          Jackson Performer-2
          Orange Dark Terror
          EVH 5150 LBX
          Hello Senòr

Comment

Orange oil should be fine. I've heard of people using it before on guitars.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought that the additives to that stuff was notorious for leaving the white residue in the grain. I'd avoid it, since any of the other products should be very easy to find even outside of the us.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                I thought that the additives to that stuff was notorious for leaving the white residue in the grain. I'd avoid it, since any of the other products should be very easy to find even outside of the us.
                +1 I don't like Orange oil at all for the fret board and for just the reason Sully is mentioning.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I don't know about Orange oil, but Pledge or Endust will leave white residue in the grain that takes a long time to come out.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've been using FretDoctor for YEARS on my rosewood and ebony boards. They all look brand new. http://www.beafifer.com/
                    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

For you naptha users, what brand do you get?
                      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I was looking at this, but wasn't really all that sure if this is the right stuff:

I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                          For you naptha users, what brand do you get?
                          Ronsonol, unless you're doing a bunch of guitars, then get the VM&P. There are times when a soft bristled tooth brush comes in handy too. Then always condition with boiled linseed oil. Works well for rosewood boards too.
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                            I was looking at this, but wasn't really all that sure if this is the right stuff:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-Str...VM46/100122813
                            Yep. I get mine from Lowes because they're closer, but that'll do just fine.
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Just naptha'd all of my boards, and holy smokes does that stuff really lighten it up! If I didn't know that a few drops of lemon oil would darken it back up I'da been cursing all of you . I did hit with a good conditioning swipes of lemon oil and to be honest....it REALLY looks better. I thought it looked good before, but now you can actually see the pores of the rosewood to their depths. I really like the way it came out!

Comment

It's not that it lightens the color, but it does remove oils and moisture. That's why you gotta follow it up with oil.

Sully
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X