ghs Fast Fret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ghs Fast Fret

I use it occasionally. I don't sweat much, so I don't corrode the strings or crud up the fret board. It works great IMO.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I hate slippery oily strings especially when doing double or even single bends.I tried the Dunlop ultraglide string cleaner and conditioner that was included in their guitar maintenance kit.It did seem to help prolong string life and sound quality but like I said it seemed to affect my vibrato and string control so I rarely use it.I will use it if my strings start to lose their tone before I can get to the store or throw another set on.

Comment

I'll use it on 2nd or 3rd sets at a gig, or at home when I'm too lazy to change strings. (which is most of the time) I can't use it on new strings, only when they've been played a bit. It does tend to prevent the rusty, nasty build up from humid weather. I used to use finger ease when I was a kid. That stuff was horrid! But, what did I know, I was a stupid kid. LOL!

Comment

I used to use finger ease when I was a kid. That stuff was horrid! But, what did I know, I was a stupid kid. LOL!

Yeah, but that stuff smells even better LOL...!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Too bad it doesn't pack a good "airplane glue" buzz [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Too bad it doesn't pack a good "airplane glue" buzz [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If ya want a good buzz go with Makers Mark. It'll knock ya out cold and doesn't kill near as many brain cells as that glue crap. (BTW, you kids don't still sniff that sh!t do ya???)
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to add....the beauty of the "Makers" is that it doesn't lube the fretboard so much as it lubes the mind in such a way that the fretboard "seems" smoother. Try it.

Comment

But does it leave a build up on the brain?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I hate slippery oily strings especially when doing double or even single bends.I tried the Dunlop ultraglide string cleaner and conditioner that was included in their guitar maintenance kit.It did seem to help prolong string life and sound quality but like I said it seemed to affect my vibrato and string control so I rarely use it.I will use it if my strings start to lose their tone before I can get to the store or throw another set on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... I discovered this too. But I'm not much of a lead player. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Since I play rhythm I must say, the FF is very killer! I can glide all over the place. Very fun.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      But does it leave a build up on the brain?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yup...I think it does.
                      .....but not as much as your avatar does!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X