What is a Dimarzio Super 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is a Dimarzio Super 3?

A great pickup. The boosted mids sound great with a swamp ash body, IMHO. I've got it in several of my J/Cs, including two customs.

Comment

P.S.- Dimarzio recently redesigned their website a bit. Although missing from the site, I believe it is still in production. Probably just got lost in the changes, I'm guessing.

Comment

Last time I checked, they actually had it listed under pickups they no longer make, but are available upon request. You probably just have to wait a few weeks to get it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Here's the specs according to my old catalog:
          Super 3 (bass, middle, treble) 5, 8, 6. Output in millivolts, 435.
          Super 2 (8, 6, 4) Output, 425.
          Super D (6, 8, 8) Output, 425.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I know you're the Super 2 guy around here, but don't you typically report the Super 2 has havnig more TREBLE than the Super Distortion and Super 3, and less bass? I always considered the Super D to be the bassiest of the three, Super 3 having midrange emphasis, and Super 2 having treble emphasis.

I personally have a Super 3 in my Shannon Soloist. The midrange really fattens up my sound and helps to really slice through. Great pickup, but the EMG-85 is still my favorite bridge pickup. If I determine that my new APC Persuader destroys the Super 3, then one of you can have my Super 3. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

Here's the specs according to my old catalog:
            Super 3 (bass, middle, treble) 5, 8, 6. Output in millivolts, 435.
            Super 2 (8, 6, 4) Output, 425.
            Super D (6, 8, 8) Output, 425.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes no sense. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I know you're the Super 2 guy around here, but don't you typically report the Super 2 has havnig more TREBLE than the Super Distortion and Super 3, and less bass? I always considered the Super D to be the bassiest of the three, Super 3 having midrange emphasis, and Super 2 having treble emphasis.

[/ QUOTE ]D'OH!! I must be dyslexic! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The chart reads Treble, Middle, then Bass, so... the Super 2 has the most treble, the Super 3 more mids, and the Super D has a little bit more bass.
            I just had the stock pups changed in my swamp ash Carvin to a Super D bridge and Super 2 neck, and they sound awesome, of course! And the Super D in my mahogany JJP is amazing sounding, too.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll bet a Duncan Distortion set would sound super in that Carvin. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

It may, but I'm sure the DiMarzio set sounds better! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

3 o'clock, in the parking lot, my DiMarzio Super Distortion versus your Duncan Distortion! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My APC Persuader can crush both your wimpy Distortions under its fat ass and still has room for more. Bring it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'll bet that if Travis ever got his hands on Toejam's Hamer, he'd slap a pair of Duncan Distortions in it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

Toejam, it's on. You're about to get served.

NOP, you damn right I would. And it's already been broughten.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'll bet that if Travis ever got his hands on Toejam's Hamer, he'd slap a pair of Duncan Distortions in it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Yes, I know he would! If (when) I decide to sell it, the chrome EMGs are coming out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          LOL Ken, put your little monkey banana away. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Duncan baby!....DUNCAN!!

Comment

Travis, what color are your Duncans?

Comment

All the ones I've got now have homes (except for one last JB I've got to sell). They're all black. But, when I get your Hamer I'll probably go with some zebra and creme rings, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X