X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is a Dimarzio Super 3?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The ones that were in the San Dimas series re-issues, were pretty cool sounding and I liked them.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You mean the mid '90s ones like Bill has? They were Tone Zones with Fast Track 1 and The Chopper. Which models had a Super 3? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I called Tim Wilson, I gave him the serial of Bills San Dimas Series Re-issue, and he told me that they used the Super-3 in them. I ordered one right from him. I liked it in Bills KOA SD series guitar, but in my guitars they sounded like crap.

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting. I remember reading the ads for them in GW around '95 or so when they came out and it said they had a Tone Zone. Maybe certain models they put a Super 3 in. Did you ever pop the one out of Bill's to see what the model designation was on the back? A TZ would be a DP155, a Super 3 would be a DP152.
      Kevin Easton swore to me that they used a PAF Pro in the JJPs when I always read that it was a Super Distortion... and mine indeed has a Super Distortion.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll have to send Bill a recall on his last setup I did on that guitar, hehe... Get him to bring it here so I can investigate that a bit...

Comment

Don't leave the pickup out Bill's guitar too long... he may mistaken the pickup route as a glory hole... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I recall the San Dimas Koa and other wood grain model in the mid 90's having a Super III in the bridge and loving it. That was my first experience with that pickup. That was also my first experience with a Wilkinson trem that was on that guitar. I could be wrong but didn't they also have Sperzels back then?

Comment

Working...
            X