No announcement yet.

X2n with An Alder Fly V will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X2n with An Alder Fly V will it work?

Sweet to Hear that Bibz!

Comment

When I had it in my Warrior (with a Super 2 in the neck), it was tuned to D or sometimes Drop C, it sounded great! My other guitars it was in E or Eb and also sounded very good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Right now I've got the X2N and Super 2 just laying around, but I'll put them in another guitar eventually.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

HEy Guys thanks for your Help but i just found out that my Fly V the pickguard is not fitting my EMG HZ's from my Previous guitar the Jackson DXMG ..... Will the X2N then fit my Fly V's Pickguard then? SWeaR what issues i have with my guitars some times ....

Comment

It should, it is just a regular sized open humbucker. I'm kind of surprised the HZ's didn't fit either, I didn't think they were abnormally large or anything, but if it don't fit it don't fit!!

Comment

Hi which is better the X2N OR the Duncan Distortion?

Thanks!

Comment

Tone is in the ear *cough<font color="brown"> X2N </font> * of the beholder.

Its very tough *cough<font color="brown"> X2N </font> * to compare *cough<font color="brown"> X2N </font> * "opinions".

So you *cough<font color="brown"> X2N </font> * may have to decide for *cough<font color="brown"> X2N </font> * yourself.

But, if ya want my opinion... hmmm... I'd take the X2N.

Comment

Hi Sorry to ask this question but will the X@N fit in my Epiphone Fly V? As since the X2N is sold with the F space. I have tried before to fit an EMG HZ in my Fly V but i was surprised that it didn't fit.

WHich pickups do fit a Fly V?

THanks!

Comment

The F spacing isnt a bigger pickup the pole's are wider or narrower, being bar's the X2N doesent need F spacing, it should fit though, it's a standard size humbucker HZ's ar are a little bigger due to the covers.

So yes it should TBH the X2n is agreat pickup, you shoudl also check out the Lawrence pickups aswell.

Ozz

Comment

Hi ozzuk1 thx for the reply! I think i can now feel safe to buy the X2N sometime ASAP.

How low do you guys set your X2N to? Below the cover for the pickup?

ThankS!

Comment

my '80 charvel prepro s-head came from the factory with an x2n...
                      it has an alder body with a maple neck and the guitar seems VERY midrangey to me...
                      I'd love to change it out but I dont play the guitar anyway and hate to mess with an unaltered guitar...

in your epi the X2N could be very dark.
                      if youre wanting some kinda shred pickup , I'd go invader they are much more balanced tonally than the x2n but still very hot .
                      the invader also cleans up better when you roll off the volume pot as opposed to the x2n which muds up in my opinion.

I do agree with some of the other posters here.. try a duncan distortion, theyre a pretty goof proof selection. hot, but retaining clarity &amp; very nice attack .
                      I really like them in my vintage rhoads stuff.

a lawrence L500 or XL will sound killer , the XL tends to be a bit hard to control at times, especially at louder volumes in a big room.
                      an XL is best suited for a softer wood like basswood
                      [I like lawrence L500's in mahogany bodied guitars]

also consider a duncan jeff beck, that pickup is awesome in alder...
                      2 of my '82 stratheads have them and its a killer sound especially with a maple neck w/rosewood board and vintage brass trem.

I like duncan, lawrence , jackson, and dimarzio pickups for different applications , they all have their place.

Comment

Working...
                      X