No announcement yet.

my wife the Luthier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The green is sexy as fuck. Have you considered a burst?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• here's a couple of the images bursted:

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Blue!
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

• the green and that last burst looks KILLER!
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

• The green looks fuckin' awesome.

Comment

• I think the blue/green burst makes it look like a landscape drawn Japanese-style. IMO the oiled looks best. Anything but pink!!!

Dave, you're more precise than a CNC machine. Well, at least the CNC machine that made my Dean!

Last edited by ken; 04-29-2007, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• I vote is for the final burst!!

Comment

• holy crap this thread has grown lol! I had some pc trouble this morning and had to sort shit out all morning, then I had to go to my daughters Chorus performance and I get back and what a show going on here as well lol!

Sully: I appreciate the pics, they look fantastic, especially the PINK! I hate to disappoint you all but I think I'm staying with the naturally cleared as I think it's perfect for this project. As much as I love the amber burst, I already have 2 of something like that so why not something different, right? I think I have the back color narrowed down as well but you'll have to wait for that. Let's just say it's not going to be anything loud because I don't want it to detract from the top.

Ken: That had to be the programmer that screwed that ferrule spacing up, unless there CNC's are made from tinker toys, which I highly doubt. That is a very cool woodgrain, got a full pic?

G and Eric: Exactly! it's going to look slick with the strings all in a line matching the headstock on both ends.

Thanks so much for the input fellas!
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

• hope for another update soon!!!!! i just review the entire thread, really cool to see it come along
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

• ohh i almost forgot my other comment, do they make strings that long, or do you plan on fabricating strings your self as well.

Comment

• Hey Dave, it's an awesome top you've put on. I think you're right that it would be a shame to hide it.

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        Ken: That had to be the programmer that screwed that ferrule spacing up, unless there CNC's are made from tinker toys, which I highly doubt. That is a very cool woodgrain, got a full pic?
                        It's 9pm here, so I can't get a good shot for you now. Here's one I took a while ago, but it only looks like this in bright sunlight. It's normally quite dark.

This picture of the front is probably a truer reflection of its colour:

I hope it won't give you any tiger-eye ideas. Your top is far too nice for that!

Comment

• Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          ohh i almost forgot my other comment, do they make strings that long, or do you plan on fabricating strings your self as well.

Oh, yes, absolutely, I did all the measurements to make sure and I'm sure as hell not equipped to make strings lol!

Ken, that is a beauty! Thanks for sharing, my friend
                          Dave ->

Comment

• Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            Ken, that is a beauty! Thanks for sharing, my friend
                            Thanks Dave! It ain't nothin' compared to the beaut you're putting togther.

Comment

• Excellent work...it's a beauty...well done!

Comment

• Haven't been around much lately as work has picked up and a lot of other things as well so I wanted to stop in and give a short update.

The guitar is at Marks' being cleared and painted as we speak so I will have some visual updates soon.
                                Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                                X