Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My projects

Talk about polishing turds! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Why not get a Model Charvel or something?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried flushing twice and they just didn't want to go down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm looking at getting a Model 6 afterwards, just wanted to have some fun with these axes and make them play and look better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

budman: any pics of that avenger rhoads body?
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried flushing twice and they just didn't want to go down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Don't listen to Ron, bro, if you want to try and create parts monsters, you go right aahaed, how else are you going to learn?

delt, that was one of those fun "weekend" projects that I didn't take a lot of time on, and it shows! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's a great player though, here's the Charvel Avenger/Jackson monstrosity:

I actually did the step in the back of the body as the stock ones are wayyyy too thick back there. As you can see I also did the cutaway, which I thought was my idea until someone showed me an ESP, I think it was, that has the same basic thing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The fretboard will be getting a dose of "ebony" very soon! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

DUDE YOU STOLE MY IDEAS!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My cutaway doesn't go all the way through the body though, and the neck plate is recessed instead of having a whole section "stepped" like yours.

I also rounded off the "heel" area so that my thumb doesn't get stuck against an annoying block when i play on the upper frets, and the neck plate is rounded off as well to fit the profile. Just enough wood left so the lower screw isn't exposed - i thought this was my idea until i noticed the same on ibanez guitars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The strap button screw goes straight through a hole in the neck plate, much better balance that way.

Instead of making the neck pocket deeper for a 24 fret neck (dk2 neck) i moved the whole bridge cavity forward, and the body is routed h/s/h pickup layout.
            "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
            The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
            X